"Badgerlite" Reflective Sheath FS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The problem with most sheaths in the field, is that if you put them down, they are usually a similar colour to their surroundings.
Not so much of a major issue if its daylight but at night, it can lead to all sorts of trouble!

So I thought about it for a while, then came up with the "Badgerlite" Sheath.

This is my standard sheath, with high intensity, reflective cord down the spine.

It will take the Clipper, Miki, & 740 from Mora, as well as the Spyderco Bushcraft knife,Woodlores and clones, and Bernie Garlands Bushcrafters too.

Rather than simply glue the cord in place, I've saddle stitched the sheath, and then blanket stitched the cord, along the spine.
I've used very heavy, black nylon upholstery thread, doubled up for total security.
The base colour for the cord is a dark olive colour, which blends quite well but other colours are also available to order.

P7300035.jpg

P7300036.jpg

P7300037.jpg

This is the reflection effect, from an old issue, right angled torch, in the pitch black of my garage:
P7300047copyresizedglow.jpg

So as you can see, the prospect of re-locating your knife in the dark, as long as you have a light source, are much improved if the knife happens to live in a "Badgerlite" sheath!;)

And in case you put your knife itself down and can't find that, the sheath comes complete with 30cm of the same reflective cord, to make a lanyard or loop. The cord is actually genuine 550 paracord.

The build time is significantly increased on this sheath, due to the extra sewing involved and this is reflected (no pun intended:rolleyes:) in the price.

The sheath is made as usual; from 3.5mm veg tan,completely hand done and finished.

I also include a detachable, two stud drop loop in the price.

I'd like £26 for this one please, inc p+p 1st class recorded

cheques/postal orders welcome or paypal if you pick up the fee's

If there is any demand, I'll make some more:)

just ask

atb

R.B.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Thanks TD. ;)
I've no idea if it's been done before, almost certainly I imagine but I was just trying to think of a way, to make it easier to find the sheath in the dark, without relying on high viz colours.

This one is the prototype to be honest. I'll be developing the idea a little bit more, if it proves to be of interest to the knife users out there.

atb

R.B.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Nice job RB - spookily I had an idea along similar lines which I'll post up when I'm finished.... fools never differ eh!?
ashamed053611282jy0.gif

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Hi,

V nice idea actually and nice work to!

I have a number of G4GHB pieces and the quality is very good, if he likes your work, thats a good plus for you as well!

Regards.

Alan L.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE