Bad weather camp, tarp shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Have been itchin to get out for weeks and wanted to give the lavvu a run. Arrived at the woods and decided to whack up my dd 3x3 for a place to lounge. Once up I noticed the mother of all widowmakers in line with my site so I decided to shift rather than die.
By the time I had repositioned the rain had arrived so I chose I night under the tarp itself. It was blowing a hoolie and coming down in stair rods and I bloody loved it.
Top Scran, top soundtrack and a top night

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Thanks for posting this I enjoyed that. I love weather like that when I am out. Always good to test kit out too.
The part where you say "What was your morning like, waking up next to your disappointed wife" Had me in stitches, I will subscribe to your channel for sure.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Oh, I would recommend the tent on the Coast to Coast walk, just for privacy and bugs. Look forward to seeing film of said trip.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Oh, I would recommend the tent on the Coast to Coast walk, just for privacy and bugs. Look forward to seeing film of said trip.
Cheers ammo, for watching and the advice, been eyeing up the 3f ul lanshan 1 for the trip but also looking at a separate bugnet. Need to shed some timber for the walk tho

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Loved the video. It made me think about my own system and I came to the conclusion that I prefer my little tent to the tarp. But each to their own. Oddly, wife prefers tarp to tent in theory, but in reality is difficult to get out of camper van nowadays. She is getting on for 80 though. However,wherever she sleeps with me she
is never disappointed!

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Loved the video. It made me think about my own system and I came to the conclusion that I prefer my little tent to the tarp. But each to their own. Oddly, wife prefers tarp to tent in theory, but in reality is difficult to get out of camper van nowadays. She is getting on for 80 though. However,wherever she sleeps with me she
is never disappointed!
Fair play to you oldtimer, I struggle getting mine out at all and I'm a constant disappointment. Have to say tent is my least favourite method of camping but I think I would be glad of one on the C2C. There is a big difference between a quick overnighter and a 12 day slog. Thanks for taking the time to watch my ramblings mate.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Have been itchin to get out for weeks and wanted to give the lavvu a run. Arrived at the woods and decided to whack up my dd 3x3 for a place to lounge. Once up I noticed the mother of all widowmakers in line with my site so I decided to shift rather than die.
By the time I had repositioned the rain had arrived so I chose I night under the tarp itself. It was blowing a hoolie and coming down in stair rods and I bloody loved it.
Top Scran, top soundtrack and a top night

Great video, I've subscribed

Reactions: nobby8126

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
If I've used a stove to avoid surprises and wet wood, it's been either a butane/propane or a naptha Coleman.
The raw wood flame has a warmer "look" to it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice one Nobby, braver man than me getting out at this time of year. What’s the music during the time lapse? Shazam doesn’t recognise it.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I discovered I've got better taste than I thought, as after watching I went to subscribe, and found out I already have :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE