Backpack Hip Belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 10, 2013
England
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased the Swedish SK35 from Varusteleka.com and have been looking around on ebay and such for a hip/waist/blast belt to attach to the metal frame to make the distribution of weight a bit more favourable but all I can find are some US Army ones coming from America which isn't ideal. Does anyone know where I could find one of standard size?

Thanks a lot.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Are there specific attachment points on the frame for a belt? A decent one is not cheap but you'll need to sort out how you'll attach it before you buy something and find you can't use it; but there are many different ones available. I might even have something here I don't need, I'll have a look............................

Do you mean an LK 35? an SK 35 is a Saab fighter jet, IIRC,and you'll have a job getting a hip belt for one methinks :)

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2013
England
Thanks for the reply,
The metal frame has two triangles at the bottom which the shoulder straps go through, there's no specific attachment for a belt but I've seen images of the pack with a waist belt so it's definitely possible. I've struggled to find anything online, I don't mind paying more for a decent one, could you give me any links to one?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've got a new one here you can have for the cost of postage - if it doesn't work, send it back; how does that sound?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I haven't done it yet so I'm only guessing at this stage, but I think it will be possible to attach a padded hip belt to the broad webbing band that lies against the lower back, with this band set at its lowest position. To get the back length I am going to disconnect the shoulder straps and refit them on the top rail of the frame. I'll be seeing if this works sometime next week. I'll be making my own hip belt from 50mm webbing & ccf kipmat, similar to the one I did for the canoe pack last year.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Thanks for that, Ian; I'm sure he'll get this one on as it's covered with substantial molle, certainly good to use a couple of straps to join them :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE