Back garden birds.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
We recently moved to a village in Snowdonia. Having an interest in the local "tweets" I spotted Nuthatches, treecreepers and linnets as regular visitors to my garden. I thought great, I will have to get some piccies of those, but having put out feeders they seem to have disappeared. I set up some nice perch sticks close to the feeders and waited. And waited.....
They seem to have a six sense don't they :O_O:
Still, I have managed to get a few snaps. Pretty much common visitors though, but I thought I would share.
Plenty of chaffinches...
chaffinch 1.jpg

chaffinch 2.jpg

chaffinch 3.jpg

chaffinch 4.jpg

Bluetits...

bluetit.jpg

bluetit 2.jpg

Siskins

siskin.jpg

siskin 2.jpg

siskin 3.jpg

A couple more to follow.

Attachments

• O_o[1].png
    O_o[1].png
    893 bytes · Views: 5

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Our garden is full of sparrows and starlins at the moment, they like to use the feeders and then have a wash in the pond or bird bath. But on one memorable occasion this turned up to inspect the pond. We live on a small council estate in a small village, and about 400m from a stream with the estate between.
DSC9413.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I get a lot of birds visiting my garden, but that's one I have never seen here. I have had a moorhen, and a coot visiting though.

Lovely photographs you've both managed :)
There's a woodpecker furiously attacking a fat block on the feeder about 2m from where I'm sitting. It's a beautiful bird, but any movement near it with a camera and it's a blur back off to the trees :sigh:

M

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
My wife works in Bexley, they have loads there, Bexley Brewery use them on the logo. Havent yet seen them this far into Kent.
Trying to get a good photo of a grey wagtail, keep seeing one on the mill stream near here, but never when I have a camera.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
Those are great pictures.

Dad spends a fortune on feeding his birds and we see some ordinary and sometimes unusual ones.
Thanks
I sit motionless for an hour or more at a time to get these. I have built a makeshift hide from an old tarp, but it seems to make little difference. It's easy to get them to come to the feeders, just not so to get them to perch where I want them.
On a side issue, picking up the dropped seed we have a field vole, shrew and house mouse.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE