Axminster belt sander

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I bought this some years back and used it without the linisher part as my drive belt snapped,,,now i need to use the linisher part and struggling to find a drive belt and axminster are useless.i dont have the original belt so dont know size,part number etc.

Its a belt/disc sander,model awebds46,this is not a mkII.

any help finding a belt would be appreciated.if any member has the same model a part number would good.
thanks

Last edited:

Perrari

Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Place a piece of string around the pulleys & mark & measure it to get the circumference of the belt. That combined with the width of the belt should make your search easier.
Then it depends if it's a 'V' belt, flat, toothed or grooved ? Do you have any pictures of the pulleys that you can post ? I have an axminster M500 lathe with a grooved belt, I could compare your measurents to that if it helps narrow it down.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Where you got the part number from mate?
axminster couldn't even tell me that:rolleyes:

Give axminster a bell or email them. Part number you need should be CCBDS46-43
About a fiver buddy. Not sure of size of belt though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
thats sounds logical mate,would that be accurate?
it is a ribbed/toothed belt.

Place a piece of string around the pulleys & mark & measure it to get the circumference of the belt. That combined with the width of the belt should make your search easier.
Then it depends if it's a 'V' belt, flat, toothed or grooved ? Do you have any pictures of the pulleys that you can post ? I have an axminster M500 lathe with a grooved belt, I could compare your measurents to that if it helps narrow it down.

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
Run string round the two pulleys and measure or mark the belt. Next measure the gap between the pulley faces. Go to your local car parts place they will give you a belt of either the exact size or one that will do the job and you will be able to adjust the belt tension on your machine!!! Any more info needed pm me your number and I will call you and talk you through it!

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Got the measure idea ok but its not going to be one i can get from a car parts place mate,its very small and no adjustment whatsoever.

Run string round the two pulleys and measure or mark the belt. Next measure the gap between the pulley faces. Go to your local car parts place they will give you a belt of either the exact size or one that will do the job and you will be able to adjust the belt tension on your machine!!! Any more info needed pm me your number and I will call you and talk you through it!

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Cheers mate,that number is 142xl 037 and also used on many other machines like clarke ,peform etc so going to call at machine mart....heres the technical bumph...

142 =14.2" belt length
XL = 0.2" tooth pitch (71 teeth)
037 = 0.375" 3/8 wide .

much appreciate mate,thanks to all.

Found it on British blades buddy. Part number from a mk1 belt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE