Axe vs Boot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
xylaria said:
Yes learning the use a axe properly and paying proper care and attention to not chopping your own foot off is the best course of action. But we can all make mistakes.

True, I've had to use my own first aid kit on myself a time or two. Not so much from an axe, but there has been the mishap or two with a knife over the years.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
There are ballistic nylon/rubber boots that are available that loggers use all year round. They're chain saw resistant, resistant not proof nothing is absolute. But from the pictures one was a heel shot you can't protect from all sides all the time. Proper ax use and knowledge and up grading practise to increase your skill level is immensely more valuable than relying on safety devices that may not be accessible, or not cover an area that is not normaly exposed. There a point were we have to take responsability for our own actions or inactions (not learning properly).

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Apologies slightly off track but lessons learnt and all that

Hands up (no pun intended) all those that have cut their hands when removing your coiled sawblade from your billy can because you couldn't be bothered to get your hide gloves out of your pack - Silverback raises hand......twice! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE