AXE help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Hello there new to the forums,

Just been ordering a few bits and bats from the woodlore site and have a question about the GB Forest Axe I recieved.

First off I dont like the RM engraving on it but thats no biggy, but the fit and finish dont seem to be up to the standard I though it would be.
At the top of the helve it has slight chunks missing and the axe head it self seems to be at a funny angle.
I am not experienced with axes, so my question is should I send it back and get them to send out another, or am I being fussy.

I would now rarther have one from some one else with out the RM engraving, however I will have to pay to get this one sent back and would have to pay postage on another axe from some where else.

If any one has some photos of the top of their GB axe that would be grat so i can compare them.

Thanks for any help John W

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
John, hold the axe head, cutting edge facing up (so that the toe is closest to your eye) and sight down along the edge to the base of the handle, the edge should run straight to the centre of the knob at the base of the handle. If the head is on a squew, the handle will be off to one side. If this is the case, send it back immediatley. If the head is off to one side, you have a very great danger of the axe glancing and hitting your good self.
Hope you get it sorted
Baggins

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Thanks for the imput guys gonna send it back, better to be on the safe side , I am not to happy with one of the other products I recieved so that can go back as well.

Cheers John.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE