Axe Head New Life

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Thought i would share with you guy's and gal's my latest project!
I found an axe head which was living in the undergrowth.
Hammered butt, rounded edge where a sharp blade should be!
Figured, this can't be the end of its life!!!...:(IMAG0976.jpgIMAG0977.jpgIMAG0979.jpg

Thought it would make a nice project, a little angle grinding, a little bench grinding to get a blade back onto it, and wet and dry sandpaper to shape the blade, and plenty of stropping.
Need a little more tidying up, and a handle, which i have some sported beech in mind for, but here is where i have got to so far!
IMAG1004.jpgIMAG1005.jpgIMAG1006.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

RM

Last edited by a moderator:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice.

Is that the one you found last week?, a nice bit of well seasoned Ash will make a fine handle, as above the spalted Beech isnt strong enough.

Nice shrink pot too:)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Looks good Rocky mate, coming along fine, nice piece of ash is what you want, where we saw the few deer last week there is a pile at the top of the hill, been there cut since early summer, remember I picked up a piece for one of my re handle jobs, we can both have a rummage on Thursday.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Thanks for the advice guy, would not want to waste a nice bit of spalted beech!, ash it is!
Weight is about 1.5lb, and no markings on it which is a shame!
Kep and Hugo, mouse lane it is then.
Thanks again, will handle and post some pics soon.

RM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE