Axe handle palm swell scales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lacijag1

Forager
I saw this first on instagram and wanted to give it a try.
So i bought a cheap axe shaft from ebay and used it as a base. Made 2 palm swell scales and glued them on with epoxy than carved the handle to the shape as u can see on the pics.

New forest axe is ready, this one has cherry wood palm swell scales on the shaft and cherry wooden wedge.
#axe #handmade #bushcraftaxe #woodworking #handtools #bushcraft #forestaxe #woodtools

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I really like the contrasting wood colors, easily noticed as a custom treatment.

I was thinking shallow relief carvings of forest animals or perhaps marine life like sea starts and snails.
Just a Pacific Northwest Coastal habit among the First Nations. Just about everything gets decorated.
The wooden canoe paddles are magnificent. Google "Haida paddles".

Lacijag1

Forager
I really like the contrasting wood colors, easily noticed as a custom treatment.

I was thinking shallow relief carvings of forest animals or perhaps marine life like sea starts and snails.
Just a Pacific Northwest Coastal habit among the First Nations. Just about everything gets decorated.
The wooden canoe paddles are magnificent. Google "Haida paddles".

Oh no i couldn't do that, i would ruin the whole handle, i can't carve that sort of things.

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE