Axe handle palm swell scales

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Lacijag1

Forager
Oct 11, 2014
London-Teddington
www.youtube.com
I saw this first on instagram and wanted to give it a try.
So i bought a cheap axe shaft from ebay and used it as a base. Made 2 palm swell scales and glued them on with epoxy than carved the handle to the shape as u can see on the pics.

New forest axe is ready, this one has cherry wood palm swell scales on the shaft and cherry wooden wedge.
#axe #handmade #bushcraftaxe #woodworking #handtools #bushcraft #forestaxe #woodtools
http://instagr.am/p/CEM-7NyjtVO/

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I really like the contrasting wood colors, easily noticed as a custom treatment.

I was thinking shallow relief carvings of forest animals or perhaps marine life like sea starts and snails.
Just a Pacific Northwest Coastal habit among the First Nations. Just about everything gets decorated.
The wooden canoe paddles are magnificent. Google "Haida paddles".

Lacijag1

Forager
Oct 11, 2014
London-Teddington
www.youtube.com
I really like the contrasting wood colors, easily noticed as a custom treatment.

I was thinking shallow relief carvings of forest animals or perhaps marine life like sea starts and snails.
Just a Pacific Northwest Coastal habit among the First Nations. Just about everything gets decorated.
The wooden canoe paddles are magnificent. Google "Haida paddles".

Oh no i couldn't do that, i would ruin the whole handle, i can't carve that sort of things.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.