Autumnal Loch Ard

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Was out on wednesday with a work grp, scenic wee loch ard and the narrows leading to the smaller loch, quite a lot of current. We get a FC key so can park the trailer further up.

Adapted boats to make a raft
100_2494-2.jpg

100_2500-2.jpg

The Narrows
100_2504.jpg

100_2489-1.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We drove by a few times this week and Loch Ard looked superb for a paddle and explore.

We hired a boat the day before on Loch Lomond though so I didn't want to push my luck with swmbo :rolleyes:

Definitely going to arrange a trip up though soon if anyone fancies it. I'll send some PMs out once I've cleared my pass out.

Not great pics as they were taken out of the car window and it never really got daylight on Tuesday :rolleyes:

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

EDIT:

And one from Monday :D
DSC01389.jpg

I was so glad that swmbo got to see them, we saw five actually along with a few does. I was panicing a bit at first as there was no sign or scat anywhere but a silent climb up the hill found them dozing under a big pine. We hired a Coleman oil tanker from Balmaha for £20 for the day and the two and a bit hours slog over to Inchconnachan was made worthwhile, perfect conditions with not a breath of wind. Swmbo was not too happy about crossing the big open water between some of the islands though, it wasn't something I really thought about to be honest. She soldiered on though and loved every minute of it.

DSC01388.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your thread Nick, the first three are kind of relevant though :eek:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Kangaroos in Scotland??? :eek:

Wallabies, Malemté.

There are two populations that have escaped into the wilds. One in Loch Lomond and the other in the Borders.

They're tasty, I was out shooting with a pal one night...
...no it got hit by a rogue car and we were passing and picked it up already dead.:rolleyes:

We had it BBQ'd and it was scrummy.

Yup there are feral marsupials in Scotland, and they seem to have settled down into the food chain...:D

Nice pics folks, I need to get away.

AMLAE
GB.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Ahh, thanks. Astounding. Next we'll see a gruffalo...

Wallabies, Malemté.

There are two populations that have escaped into the wilds. One in Loch Lomond and the other in the Borders.

They're tasty, I was out shooting with a pal one night...
...no it got hit by a rogue car and we were passing and picked it up already dead.:rolleyes:

We had it BBQ'd and it was scrummy.

Yup there are feral marsupials in Scotland, and they seem to have settled down into the food chain...:D

Nice pics folks, I need to get away.

AMLAE
GB.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Beautiful scenery! I hope to go back south to the Chattahoochee River to do some conoeing....the mist in the trees in the Autumn and all the wildlife would make for some great photos.

I love the names of your rivers over there Mistwalker. Is there much paddling in your area?

Ahh, thanks. Astounding. Next we'll see a gruffalo...

Didn't you know? There's no such thing as a Gruffal...oh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE