Autaum walk (picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
I went for a wander in the woods on Sunday and it was very foggy.I decided to take the camera out with me (I normally forget :rolleyes: ) Its not the best weather for taking photos without a tripod but I sort of managed. I love the spooky feeling that you get when the woods are full of mist.

PICT0002_edited-1.jpg

PICT0006_edited-1.jpg

I found an interesting bunch of dead fungi..I haven't got a clue what it was :nutkick:

PICT0010.jpg

I also found a strange dangly thing :confused: (I think it might be art)

from the front (I think)
PICT0015_edited-1.jpg

And maybe the back :lmao:
PICT0019_edited-1.jpg

Talking of things dangling...I found a single strand of spider web with a water droplet on it......
PICT0024_edited-1.jpg

...Can you spot it?

I am also suffering from that yearly coloured leaf photo fetish again :D

PICT0060_edited-1.jpg

PICT0036_edited-1.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

A nice bit of Ivy and moss

PICT0046.jpg

and finally.....
PICT0059_edited-1.jpg

a twisted looking tree :)

It was nice just to get out with the camera and a nice flask of coffee. Its a shame that I didn't see any wildlife though.

Hope you enjoyed looking and that it didn't slow your computer down too much (It took me ages just to upload these images :rolleyes: I think the internet is just a bit slower today)

Andy :nutkick:

Reactions: JonnyP

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Great pictures there mate :You_Rock_

What camera where you using - love the depth of colour ;)

Phil.

Im using a Konica Minolta Dynax 5D, but to be honest Im not too chuffed with it.
It seems to struggle with the auto white balance so half my photos had a really bad blue cast to them. This was easily corrected in Photoshop, but it never used to happen with film :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

I would shoot everything in raw and make all the colour adjustments on the computer but I need an external monitor for decent colour rendition (Currently using a laptop)
What I can tell from prints is that the colour reproduction is pretty good, but I always feel a bit dodgy messing with colours in photoshop without a calibrated monitor (and then you can always ask calibrated to what? my printer or the one in the shops where I buy my prints from?) Its just not as easy as it sounds this digital malarkey :D

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Bisamratte said:
I love the spooky feeling that you get when the woods are full of mist

I also found a strange dangly thing :confused: (I think it might be art)

from the front (I think)
PICT0015_edited-1.jpg

And maybe the back :lmao:
PICT0019_edited-1.jpg

Hi Bisamratte, just a thought but have you seen Blair witch prodject :Wow:

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice pics. It's either an art installation or a hunters ground blind.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
The pictures are great!
I love the art. I thought about doing something similar this christmas. Dressing a tree deep in the forest with a few baubles. Kind of like ' random acts of beauty '.
just the knowledge that someone might chance upon it and be enchanted by it for a while would be great.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Thanks for the beautiful pics! I notice the forest floor is more clear of undergrowth than my woods. Is it due to animal grazing or is the area so mature, walked over or cared for that there is no under growth? We have a lot of young saplings, rose bush, black berry brambles, vines, poison oak and thousands of small plants all through the woods.

I will try, in a few days, to show a bit of the North Carolina forest but my camera isn't nearly as high quality as yours. :eek:

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
weaver said:
Thanks for the beautiful pics! I notice the forest floor is more clear of undergrowth than my woods. Is it due to animal grazing or is the area so mature, walked over or cared for that there is no under growth? We have a lot of young saplings, rose bush, black berry brambles, vines, poison oak and thousands of small plants all through the woods.

I will try, in a few days, to show a bit of the North Carolina forest but my camera isn't nearly as high quality as yours. :eek:

It is a quite mature all beech wood, but further in you get more variety and some areas are totally covered with densely packed sycamore saplings. It is also a very popular spot so it gets well trampled (I had to clean up all the rubbish before I could take any photos :aargh4: why cant people just take their rubbish home with them :confused: )

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
To add to the autumn leaf fetish. :)

Spotted these Beech leaves whilst walking out in the rain the other day. I managed to snap this between gusts of wind and pouring rain. Amazing colours despite the overcast day.

beech075.jpg

Unfortunately it has been windy and rainy around here so the trees have been shedding their leaves more quickly than I would like. I love to look at the leaves in autumn; IMO it is the most beautiful time of year.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Rebel said:
To add to the autumn leaf fetish. :)

Spotted these Beech leaves whilst walking out in the rain the other day. I managed to snap this between gusts of wind and pouring rain. Amazing colours despite the overcast day.

beech075.jpg

Unfortunately it has been windy and rainy around here so the trees have been shedding their leaves more quickly than I would like. I love to look at the leaves in autumn; IMO it is the most beautiful time of year.

I love those colours! At first glance I thought you had been using coloured lights, then I read where you took it and thought isn't nature wonderful :D

Anyway its given me an idea, if anyone wants to post their autumnal pics here please do. Its nice to see what other people have in their area.

I cant wait to see your pics
Thank you all for your comments :You_Rock_
Andy :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Yes the colours are totally natural, no flash, no filters, no special effects. That's pretty much the way they looked on the tree.

I was out today and the sun was shining but the colours were much more muted. I was amazed how pretty bramble leaves look though. They turn all kinds of different shades.

If I could get hold of a slide scanner I'd like to digitize some slides I took in the Japanese mountains in the autumn. The colours are truly breathtaking, I've never seen anything so resplendent in colour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE