Aurochs in exhibition grade desert ironwood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello all,

Two of my friends from US ordered some time ago 2 Aurochs wearing an exhibition grade desert ironwood handle.
This wood was indeed the greatest I worked with and as we all three concluded, deserved the price :)
Both knives were made out using O1 high carbon tool steel and our regular Aurochs shape. Unfortunately I haven't had enough time for a real photo session.
I hope you enjoy them.

All the best,
Bogdan

dsrt1.jpg

dsrt2.jpg

dsrt4.jpg

dsrt3.jpg

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Stunning... absolutely stunning work Bogdan. The ironwood is fantastic when the grain is so detailed and works very well with your mosaic pins. Great craftsmanship as always my friend, very envious of the owners!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Wonderful work - well done and thanks for sharing them. I'm not in the market for any more cutting tools, my wife tells me . . . :rolleyes:

All the best.

Jun 15, 2013
United States
Hello all,

Two of my friends from US ordered some time ago 2 Aurochs wearing an exhibition grade desert ironwood handle.
This wood was indeed the greatest I worked with and as we all three concluded, deserved the price :)
Both knives were made out using O1 high carbon tool steel and our regular Aurochs shape. Unfortunately I haven't had enough time for a real photo session.
I hope you enjoy them.

All the best,
Bogdan

dsrt1.jpg

dsrt2.jpg

dsrt4.jpg

dsrt3.jpg

Super happy with the knife Bogdan. You hit it out of the park again :)

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
What a beautiful piece of work...

I love iron wood, I've got a couple of bokken (wooden practice swords) made from Iron wood and they're heavy but utterly solid. By comparison my white ash or red oak bokken feel like balsa wood

What a beautiful piece of work...

I love iron wood, I've got a couple of bokken (wooden practice swords) made from Iron wood and they're heavy but utterly solid. By comparison my white ash or red oak bokken feel like balsa wood

Thank you very much mate! ;)
Indeed the ironwood is very tough and the burls are even tougher - they tend to break rather than crack.

All the best,
Bogdan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE