Attracting wildlife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Rattling antlers works well, brings in males during the rut season to either fight or if there are already 2 bucks fighting a third buck will try to seduce any does present while the others are "disstracted" :lmao: . Like Ra said sometimes they come in full of it and will show you who is the "bull of the woods". I also use 2 nickles, one I place in the centre of my index and thumb top part of my hand as it is cupped (like an OK sign), then form a sound chamber with the rest of the fingers, I tap with the other nickle the top of the first nickle (like a drum) and produce a barking sound (easier done than explained). Squirrels are very territorial and will come out and bark their challenge. Most animals will come to a salt lick, corn pile, apple mound and give you a longer time to take pictures etc... the more you return and stock the pile the calmer and tranquill will be the animals over a period of time, becomes a habit but don't overdo it, leave them hungry each and every time so they don't become habituated to people and lazy in their foraging and become careless. This is a treat not a regular food source. CG :yo:

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
the rabbit call works well if when you suck the back of your hand, make it sound like a baby crying!
wah wah etc (bad example :) )

also works on rabbits, as they like to see who is distressed (or who is the wally sucking the back of his hand sounding like a baby crying :) )

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
stoddy said:
the rabbit call works well if when you suck the back of your hand, make it sound like a baby crying!
wah wah etc (bad example :) )

also works on rabbits, as they like to see who is distressed (or who is the wally sucking the back of his hand sounding like a baby crying :) )

Didn't know it worked on rabbits as well.......Ta for that................Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE