Attaching Karabiners to DD Hammock - My Way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushmatt

Apr 26, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hi again

Personally I like to have karabiners on my hammock, I set it up as per Will Adam's guide - hanging the hammock first to the lower ridgeline by the 'biners. This makes sure the hammock never touches the ground, and everything is neat and tidy for making/striking camp.

I have quite an OCD and dislike having knots in the webbing or whatever, I just think it looks messy. Also I've gotten quite fond of splicing rope after making my whoopieslings so decided to have another go using the webbing supplied with the DD Camping Hammock.

It seems I only have one picture at the moment, I'll add some more when I detail my hammock setup start to finish.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Here you see the basic principle - the short length of webbing has a fixed eye spliced into each end, creating a locked brummel with only one end of rope is possible, yet with the webbing incredibly difficult (I did try), so I stumped for a standard buried fixed eye splice and stitched the bury with a length of paracord inner (single strand woven vertically then horizontally).

This short length is passed through the tubed section at the end of the hammock and attached to the karabiner as detailed in the picture.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE