Ashwood, the day after ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok, at the moment - when I'm typing this post - you happy campers ... Sorry, that's to much John Candy :yikes: ... I mean: happy bushcrafters, are still at the Ashwood Forrest meetup. While we, a bunch of sad looners - who couldn't be at the meetup are surfing the net, are trying to cope with the wait untill you all return, trying to survive another boring sunday and dying to know HOW IT WAS!!!

So, let us know!

Tell us all the dirty details :wink:

Who got lost? Did Kim(berly) voluntered as campcook? Got PW drunk? Who lost a knife (no ... I don't mean someone in particular :roll:)? Did you break the record "Making spoons" - in the Guiness Book of records? Et cetera, et cetera ...

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Yep. VERY quiet. Where are the normal 200+ post :shock: :cry: :)

At this rate I may have to go and actually do some housework :yikes:

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
leon-1 said:
Or you could always getout and do a bit of bushcraft :wink:

It would appear I have a cold, again :?:

Wrap up with hot milk and scotch :eek:):
Good idea except I am suffering like you together with some gastro twist. Feels like I have been kicked in the kidneys :cry:

So I will have to make do with the the hot milk and some honey :roll:

Dam frustrating as we planned to go up to the mountain and do some snowshoeing. Still, best get better and plan for next time.

I just got a astronomy app for the computer Starry Night Pro, so I am going to head around that so I can start to teach myself and the kids the constellations etc.

Hope you feel better soon mate :wave:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
We're Back!!!!!! :wave:

What a fantastic weekend and what a really nice, helpful and friendly group everybody was!

Had a really good time...many thanks to JP and Gary for setting the whole thing up :You_Rock_

Just going to whack a whole heap of photo's up now.....

(Oh, carved my first spoon too....feel like a real bushcrafter now)

:pack:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
allenko said:
Flopsy Blosse :wink:

:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

You know! :wink:

Yep Stew, on the thick bark of a pine, just trying to make a small hole to get a peg in, twisted it and it came off just like that. Could of probably snapped it with my fingers it was that easy. First time it was used! Wasn't best pleased at all.
I've emailed mike so we'll find out.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Jake Rollnick said:
You know! :wink:

Yep Stew, on the thick bark of a pine, just trying to make a small hole to get a peg in, twisted it and it came off just like that. Could of probably snapped it with my fingers it was that easy. First time it was used! Wasn't best pleased at all.
I've emailed mike so we'll find out.
:shock: Not good flopsy eh :shock: stick to your bison matey that wont let you down :wink:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I think im gonna do just that, it's still razor; after applying a certain leather product :wink:

Im half-way through convexing my Allan Blade, i know it won't get used with a full flat, so i reckon i'll order a scandi soon.

:biggthump

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:wink:

Well, with the refund money (if i get it) it will pay for a custom Allan Blade with change! :eek:):

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
What's the ELK? The only BKRT model I know of is the North Star.

My Frosts Mora is still going strong. Waiting impatiently for my Scandi Packpal...

Best wishes

Bruce

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Here's the ELK, i think that this is my one being modelled!

antiquelinensolidrivet.jpg

Available at Outdoor Supplies

:biggthump

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Paganwolf said:
johan you know me so well, :wink: it was a superb weekend, look forward to seeing you at one matey :biggthump

:eek:): LOL I know :wink:

I see I missed all the fun :cry: - ohwell, better next time. Hope to be there in summer mate (I've got some free weeks in my agenda for July :wink: - did you get it :hyper: did you get it :hyper:)

Jake Rollnick said:
Well, this time i didn't lose one, i broke one! :cry:

You BROKE one?!?!? :shock: - You must be a very strong guy ... :yikes:

Oh dear ... :roll: ... I hope you brought a spare one with you

Jake & knives aren't go well together :wink:
Better stick to your Bison (as PW says) or your AB Bushcrafter :biggthump (which I really love: I'll give Allan an order as soon as I know what kind of handle I would like it to have).

And keep well out of Andy's way ... :rolmao: Especially on the next meet up :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE