Ash Hurdles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Took a small Ash tree (approx 6" diameter) down on Sunday as it had been toppled by the storm and was just being held up by the branches of neighbouring trees, and rather than just saw it, stack it up and let it rot, i put it to good use by making a couple of hurdles, the small one is approx 18" high and the larger one is around 3ft high, all riven wood that was trimmed and tidied up on the shave horse.

DSCN8755.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ohhh lovely - I have some lovely fresh felled ash trunks - if you want to make any more?

No?

Ahhh well :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice one Mark.

I watched a video the other week where Jack Hargreaves filmed these being made then you come along with these goodjob

Cheers Steve.

Was that the video where the chap made it out in the woods specifically for Jack?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Great work as usual Mark. Very nice indeed.

Next time I see those old "Out of town" dvd's in a garden centre somewhere I think I'll have to splash out on them. I've fond memories of watching them with my dad.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys.

@Dave - well worth it, ive got a ten disc set here that i built up over time.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Very nice and useful. Are the nails anything special and are they bent over at the back at all? Just wondering how long they would last as I have plenty of young ash to thin and may end up with some livestock soon.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Very nice and useful. Are the nails anything special and are they bent over at the back at all? Just wondering how long they would last as I have plenty of young ash to thin and may end up with some livestock soon.

Nails are nothing special, just what i had in the tin, they are clinched over on the rear in the traditional manner

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE