Ash Cup/Kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hello, all. I took quite a considerable break from wood carving, but I'm doing a greenwood crafts unit as part of my ecology/conservation course and it's got me back into it, thankfully. I had previously made several spoons, a kuksa, a whistle, a spatula and a few other bits and bobs during my peak carving days. As part of the unit I've made another spoon and a ash/hazel mallet and it feels good to get back into the swing of things. Just on Monday I started a new project, a second kuksa, this time made of Ash. It's good to have prior experience with carving as it means I can just get on with making things. I sort of just winged the design but I got a lot done in just a couple of hours. Hope you like it so far.

fSicrXy.png

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
That is coming on nicely, though I do see some left over pith which means that the rim is close to the centre of the split log and might be prone to warping when drying and possibly split, I hope not but observed from a few past failures of mine.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
That is coming on nicely, though I do see some left over pith which means that the rim is close to the centre of the split log and might be prone to warping when drying and possibly split, I hope not but observed from a few past failures of mine.
Hi, Dean. Thanks very much. Aye, I see the pith but I'm planning on thinning it down so hopefully I should get all of it removed and it won't be a problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE