Ash Bow Advice- Who is our resident guru on bowmaking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Peter

I think I will check your group out.

You might be talking about about The English Warbow Society, I am a member but I was not at that shoot.
I am hopping to go to the Welsh borders shoot in November, combine to activities I enjoy some camping and archery. its more like archery with weight training, once you get over 100lb draw weight) .

Regards
Rum

Andy Hughes

Sep 18, 2011
Montgomery
Hi, just joined and reading with interest as I am keen to attempt a welsh longbow sometime soon. Could you give me some detailson the Welsh Borders Shoot, ie. where and can public attend etc. If any budding bow makers are near Welsh borders I have some 5-6 inch straight ash and elder, hazel etc as well as larger stands in my garden /woodland which you can have some staves if you haul it out the woods etc. I have a tree surgeon coming next month to drop the 'big stuff' and a big straight multiple stand yew but won't be giving yew away. I'm no expert on selection so you may need some knowledge on stave selection. I tend to turn it or burn it usually. Rrgards Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE