Asbell Wool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
That sucks. I sent them mail months ago and received no reply. Seems a silly way to run a business. Even if they are on te road, they are selling there wares as they go, surely they could post what you need from wherever they happen to be?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
well the dispute is closed - funds returned can't fult that I suppose although I'm a little frustrated I wasted 45 days expecting a parcel to arrive

seems they didn't even bother to ship it...

and no word of an appology,explination either

odd buisness practices indeed

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'm sorry that the ordering process didn't work out for you but I'm relieved , too, because I was tempted by their tops. You've saved me some money - thank you!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I just cant understand it

I got plenty of comms re the order, Once ordered I then got a request for postage costs which I paid instantly even got a thankyou for the swift payment and a message saying it would be posted that week

then nothing....

They clearly state they take international orders, I woulds have been more than happy with a sorry we have just been too busy to send it but it'll be with you ASAP I just reached a point where paypal wouldn't have covered the purchase so had to enquire through paypal

with that I got an instant refund - surely an email response would have been easier

It's great kit and I'm realy disapointed it didn't work out

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I wonder why they abandoned you? It does seem pretty daft as your story is now in the public domain and their service and attitude certainly won't have won them any clients on this side of the herring pond. It's a pity, too, because their gear does look really good. If it was just your order, their behaviour is odd; if it's a wider malaise affecting all international orders, then they really ought to let everyone know by posting that information on their site.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I ordered a wool shirt from Asbell after reading this thread. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I liked their shirts and their prices.
So far I can say:
- order date 29. August
- request for shipping costs 2. September (about 30 EUR for shipping to Germany for those who want to know what to expect)
- shipping notification 11. September
It's on the way to me right now (with USPS) and I will report back when it arrives.

So you can get one in Europe. You have to be a little patient, and their customer service is terrible concerning information on how long you have to wait. In times of smartphones and tablet PCs it should be no problem to sent a little message after an order which says when they will be able to ship!

Not sure what happened to Corso's order. Looks like everything got wrong... :(

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
You have to be a little patient, and their customer service is terrible concerning information on how long you have to wait. In times of smartphones and tablet PCs it should be no problem to sent a little message after an order which says when they will be able to ship!

Problem was I got a reply saying it was being shipped out and then nothing - I do hope your package arrives mate but I'd also keep an eye on the paypal dispute deadline date...

personally I'd rather pay more and go with a UK company like bison

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
You could ask to buy some extra material and have a stab at the alteration yourself? Although, now I'm getting ideas of my own, and with enough projects on the go I have to remove the thought from my head.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I'm surprised at that, Corso. What have they got to loose by letting you buy a bit of extra fabric. Have you looked at some of the hippyish clobber on the net? They often tend to have heavy wool hoodies for sale?

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Problem was I got a reply saying it was being shipped out and then nothing - I do hope your package arrives mate but I'd also keep an eye on the paypal dispute deadline date...

personally I'd rather pay more and go with a UK company like bison
I just picked up my wool jacket from the customs office. Had to pay another 15 EUR import tax. I don't have much time right now, appointment with the dentist and off to work later. So just a short first impression.

It is well made, sizing seems to be on spot (they didn't have a S so I got a M and it's a little big for me). I like the deep pockets. The hood is huge, but you can see that on the pictures on their website. The sleeves are long and not too wide, and the jacket itself is so long that it goes down to the legs.

I can't wait to go out and try it. I attend a bushcraft course this weekend and I guess it's perfect for that.

What I am not sure about is if I should risk a ride in the washing mashine (40° C, without soap or anything), hoping that it shrinks to size S, and only to size S and not smaller.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
What I am not sure about is if I should risk a ride in the washing mashine (40° C, without soap or anything), hoping that it shrinks to size S, and only to size S and not smaller.

I would wear it first to see how it feels and performs and if you're not happy then try handwashing it gently - you don't want to ruin an expensive new jacket!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE