Asaklitt 65L rucksack...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Luu89

Jan 16, 2011
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Hi folks, just thought I’d drop by and contribute something :)

On a recent trip (one that started as ‘window shopping’ with the ladyfriend) into Cardiff town, I was walking past a Clas Ohlson store and saw this 65l rucksack in the window for £35.99;

pic1.jpg

As my 6 month old regatta survivor 65l was literally falling apart I thought I’d give it a go. Now I will be the first to admit that my experience with rucksacks of high quality (Karrimor, Berghaus etc) is very limited, but I’ve handled a few (so to speak).

Upon getting this thing home the very first thing I noticed was the stiffness of the material. It is very thick, I'm not sure what it is made of, but it feels very sturdy. It looks to be some sort of ripstop though I’m really not sure;

pic2.jpg

You may have noticed a distinct lack of pockets, which was a little disappointing at first, however there are two long but thin hidden pockets, one on each side:

pic3.jpg

And two pockets in the lid.

Also, lower down it has two open top pockets/pouches that have drainage holes in the bottom, though these are an awkward shape and I’m not really sure what I could put in them yet;

pic4.jpg

It has a plethora of adjustment straps, finished with some pretty serious chunky buckles and zips;

pic5.jpg

The back has an adjustable system which, thankfully, extends to make the rucksack unusually big. As I am a rather large fellow this was a big unexpected bonus. I’m 6’ 7” and the pack fits very nicely when extended to it’s maximum. Also, the waist belt (which is removable) extends to plenty long enough for my 52” waist/gut:

pic6.jpg

The sternum strap is plenty long enough too so as not to cause any chaffing. The padding along the back and shoulder straps is very stiff for now, but I get the feeling it will soften up after a bit of use;

pic6b.jpg

It’s quite cavernous inside the main compartment, with several liner pouches/organisers. There are two metal rods running up the back, which are removable from the top, which I think is pretty neat;

Inside.jpg

pic7.jpg

Overall, for 35 quid, I think this pack is pretty tidy. It feels nice and strong, and a good solid tug on the seems reveals no stretching or loose threads.

A few bad points just to point are;
It has no waterproof cover, however this is not a big deal as it has a hook-and-loop fastening to attach one and a small gap to grab it from the outside quickly.
There is a lack of external pockets, but it does mean it is pretty huge inside as all 65l are in the main compartment.

That’s about it really, I did this as I couldn’t really find any info on this rucksack, I hope this helps somebody looking at Clas Ohlsen stuff in future.

Apologies for the crappy picture quality, it was night time and i'm so un-camera-savvy it's a shame :)

All the best from South Wales,

Lucas.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Thanks for the review Lucas. I was looking at those packs in my local Clas Ohlsen only yesterday in fact! I'd be interested to hear what you think when you've had a chance to try it out for a while.

Cheers

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
Thanks for the review Lucas. I was looking at those packs in my local Clas Ohlsen only yesterday in fact! I'd be interested to hear what you think when you've had a chance to try it out for a while.

Cheers

ditto - future update after you've slung it around please - I do like the price of asaklitt stuff, but am wary of the quality

Alex

Luu89

Jan 16, 2011
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Well me and the lady friend are planning a 2 week trip wildcamping in the Cairngorm National Park in a few weeks, and a few short stops before then, so I'll let y'all know.

Lucas

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
Well me and the lady friend are planning a 2 week trip wildcamping in the Cairngorm National Park in a few weeks, and a few short stops before then, so I'll let y'all know.

Lucas

Look forward to it. Have fun, the Cairngorns are beautiful.

Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE