Article: Zemgear - Ninja Split Toe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
'Barefoot' is figurative. It is a description for a growing movement of people and equipment that mimics the action of walking/running barefoot but provides protection for soft western feet. There is little-to-no cushioning and a very thin sole. The idea is to force the user to run walk on the forefoot.

Personally, not convinced!

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I've used Japanese Tabi boots for many years now...great campsite shoes when you're taking a break from walking boots. Also great for tree climbing and much quieter than walking boots.

They're very comfortable to wear although the initial feeling of having the toe separation is strange.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I uses to wear Tabi boots when I was a youngster- bunch o us in ninja outfits ar@in about in the woods... However, we made grappling hooks with knotted ropes which we could climb bloody fast gripping the knots between the big and first toes! Also, we would tightrope walk and this was easier gripping the rope with the toes.

I was at one time able to run on chuckies (granite gravel) proper barefoot as a (big) kid. I wear the vibram 5 fingers now but my feet are
still wimps in comparison!!

iotarho

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2009
Tunbridge Wells
These look pretty good! I'm currently trying out huaraches (the tamahumara design) for both running and just strolling around. Definitely worth checking out too - and can be cheaply made...

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I do like them although they need a wash at the moment, the neoprene uppers are doing what neoprene does best and our porch way is beginning to hum some what.

Not tried huarches, are you using any particular brand or have you made yours? Might have a play with that and see how they fair.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Still got a pair of tabi and socks. Might try em on again. Doubtful whether rest of gi will still fit. My ninjutsu days were many moons ago. I'd look a sight now :lmao:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE