Article: Whitby & Co: Klean Kanteen Classic Reflect 800ml Mirror Stainless

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great review john! I have a life venture stainless, BPA free bottle, have boiled in it too. This type of container is great! :)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
nice thing, stain and taint free and a whole raft of other probucts too, quite an intresting product. Whats it weigh given a 1l sigg is 170g and a plastic 1l is 120. And a 2l hydration bladder is 350 !

Feb 14, 2014
France
Oh ya, I have really enjoyed mine. I have the 1182ml. and the 800ml. They are not the lightest bottles to use like plastic. The upside to them is that they are not doubled walled. Thus you can heat up water or melt snow with the bottle (There is not a plastic coat of whatever in side). I've not had much of a metal taste in them. Just don't leave them in the sun or in a hot car unless you want warm water to very warm. On the other side they stay real cold in lower temps. I use a Maxpedition Water Bottle Holder Pouch that also has a smaller pouch for other things as purification tables, pocket knife and so on. it is also has molle gear straps. great combo. I've had mine for about 5 years or so. dented and scrached up a bit. Still kicking

Last edited:

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
Great review.
Just to let you know. I recently bought two SS bottles that like identical to these in a Katmandu shop in London for £5 each! Not sure if they are exactly the same but they look identical minus the Klean Kanteen livery!

masmgrif

Aug 19, 2014
Merseyside
Bought one of these recently (800ml), and it sits in front of me at this moment. Great bit of kit, solid, seals very well, no taint carried over from juice one day to water the next, even after the most perfunctory of cleans. I have also invested in a food canister, good if a little on the small side (or maybe that's my appetite!), and a vacuum bottle. Bought a painted vacuum bottle to see how it all stands up to the 'work in the week, out & about at the weekend' routine.
They are a bit pricey, but they have no laminate on the inside, and are made of food grade stainless. Quality gear throughout as far as I can tell.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE