Article: Easy Hammock XL Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good review, thanks. I did test it using some big Beech trees and was left with only about 2' of tail on the straps. Contacted the monster and he sent some 4m. Now, I haven't got a night in mine yet, something I intend to do next week, but it's a good level of service to have the problem corrected immediately.

BM, I'll let you know if it's 'enough' strap, it's an inexpensive part of the hammock and too much is better than not enough. Gregs656 has kitted his with triangular carabiners like the double ring buckles, allowing for the flat webbing strap but also fitting the gathered end knots. It makes it easier to adjust, but I'm going to try the carabiners for a while.

Full story and pics to follow soon.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yes, it's an excellent review. Having got through several hammocks over the years, I think the Hiker XL may be my grail reached. Build quality and customer service is excellent, as was the nights sleep I got once I'd tuned out the pheasants, deer, and badgers snuffing about.

Dec 23, 2013
Canadian Rockies
Thanks for the review. I appreciate you spotted the potential weight dilemma this may present for backpackers. I do not consider myself an 'Ultralight' backpacker. My single wall Integral Designs 2 person tent packed weighs about 1.5kg. Add a Siltarp at around 350g and Neoair at 340g and it would appear the hammock option has a weight disadvantage becomes more suitable for water based activities.

Another factor that has held me back (being Canadian and living in a Mountain National Park), while the hammock trumps tent on uneven ground where there are trees, in the subalpine, or higher, there are no trees to hang from, or in Canadian National Parks, you are not allowed to hang hammocks from trees. And when we have weather that produces deadly straight-line winds, the last place I want to be is sleeping under dense tree canopy.

fallentree.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE