Article: The ultimate drinking flask, the search continues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I think you must have been unlucky with the contigo as I have one (not the version you show though but which is leak proof even when rolling around my car seat. I'm very please with mine.
Alan

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
I have the stainless version of the Primus and I think it might work for you, it seems to be a different design. One to cross off the list before you even start is the Kleen Kanteen insulated. Works well but leaks and doesn't fit most cup holders.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thermos Thermax is the best flask every made and the best of the bunch when you limit yourself to the half litre mark.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I have a stainless starbucks travel mug, it fulfils all your criteria and has never let me down. I have a couple of the plastic versions too and they are pretty good. The stainless one is so good that the coffee is often still too hot to drink after a 40min journey. Got mine from hong kong via ebay.
stainless_steel_starbucks_logo_tumbler_16_oz_3.jpg

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I took one of these on my Arctic trip.

DgnEkSthYaX-P2_6t-GntvmwazIHBdlVt35BffpOdOp8Ytyb7bpJCg-1GtQ-Fl9yLsMg6rVCfmOs2H2UVoVdah5YY-xjYJUcDv5m-1t5hqqcNGRtsMlrkMCB-Idh9PG7tGTpyO6oZtqwTMp9Mi2Ds8Gkqj-n3IKx2hOpFU2mYvk7WhI

It was ideal for me as it didn't leak and the insulation was a bit less than perfect.

That may not sound very good but I don't like my drinks too hot so they did at least cool down slowly in this.

The other advantage was that the escaping heat warmed the outside of the mug enough to use it as a hand warmer.

Having said that, it retained enough heat to stop my drinks freezing overnight so it worked well enough for me.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cheers guys, I was quite gutted with the contigo, I'll wait and see what they say about the lid but the design does look pretty much perfect. I'm wondering if the rubber seal is shot, trouble is you can't get into the lid enough to check it, does also make cleaning difficult.

Might get the stainless Primus as well just for comparison sake, not that I'm starting to get a thing for thermal flasks.... Has anyone tried the bubba kegs from the states?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE