Article: Stryke Pants from 5.11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks for the review. I've had these on my radar for some time, but the cost was putting me off. Well, holiday time is upon me and I was looking to replace my well worn Taclites with a new pair. Holidays being holidays I decided to push the boat out and go for the Stryke instead.

What a great pair of trousers, the comfort offered by the slight stretch is amazing, pockets in the right places and well designed. All in all, well engineered, tough trousers that wont look out of place in a restuarant in Spain, or sat on the ground fireside carving a stick. I'd advise anyone who likes 5.11 trousers to throw caution to the wind. These will last you years, and you'll love them.

Rosahane

Jan 21, 2013
Ireland
Excellent review.

I got a pair a couple of weeks ago and must say they are the best combats I have ever had.

The stretchy fabric and slimmer fit compared to the original 5.11 or Craghoppers makes them less baggy. The stretchy waistband allows people of "ample proportions" to go down a waist size also - very heartening ;)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Excellent review.

I got a pair a couple of weeks ago and must say they are the best combats I have ever had.

The stretchy fabric and slimmer fit compared to the original 5.11 or Craghoppers makes them less baggy. The stretchy waistband allows people of "ample proportions" to go down a waist size also - very heartening ;)

Yup, best yet, and I've had a few.

And like you say, it's nice to order a 32" waist, knowing it can accommodate probably a 36" at a push :D

For info, I'd say these are slightly more generous in the waist than the Taclites. I definitely need a belt with loaded pockets.

Pilgrim1953

Feb 3, 2013
Kent
Had 4 pair for over a year now , great strides , Sudan , Kenya , Norway , Scotland back to Kent.
Never let me down , hard wearing , easy to wash , quick drying , and all the pockets are in the right place, and big enough.
Elasticated waist is extremely comfortable , look good out and about without looking war like , good for going down the bank in , or on safari .
Get a pair ,well worth the money.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Nice but a bit pricey at £69 still a lot of money for 2 tubes of cloth. Have a pair of 5.11 and would recommend them but should we really get ripped off with the prices for a pair of trousers

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Good review. I really like the look of these. A bit out of my price range though for a pair of pants but were i less thrifty I would invest in a pair. The pockets look like they would be really useful.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice but a bit pricey at £69 still a lot of money for 2 tubes of cloth. Have a pair of 5.11 and would recommend them but should we really get ripped off with the prices for a pair of trousers

Not really a rip off Mike. A decent pair of jeans would set you back that sort of money with nothing like the engineering and design that went into the Strykes. These will wear for years.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Not really a rip off Mike. A decent pair of jeans would set you back that sort of money with nothing like the engineering and design that went into the Strykes. These will wear for years.

But Ive had a big food store jeans and been better than my old levis

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Use my 5.11 gear in all sorts of very demanding situations in Middle East and Africa and they are really excellent. tough, reliable and very well designed. Company is also excellent on customer service.

The pull cord on a hood volume adjuster came out first time I used it. 5.11 replaced the whole jacket without a murmur.

You pay your money and take your choice,

5.11 gear is good.

Alan l.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ah, just solved a mystery and revealed another unique feature.

The cargo pocket flaps have a small gap in the centre and I've been wondering why.

To allow your knife clip to slip down behind the flap reducing the chances of it getting hooked by bracken etc.

39786420-F5BD-4F8D-9A00-64ED2E062CB2-1255-000000EC06EA3973_zpsdf1b3428.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now that is plain old clever!

I may try a pair of these - my 5.11 TDUs are amazing - I work them hard and they cannot be killed. Craghoppers last less than three months, Dickies work wear the same. I get three years out of 5.11s - which makes them amazingly good value

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
What are the colours like for real. Those that have bought a pair of these what's the colour you own and would you have choosen another.

I picture on the manufacturers website never does them justice and the colours darker or lighter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE