Article: STORM: TEAR-AID AND MERINO AND WOOL WASH

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Cheers John

£4.50 is a great price for this type of thing but not being usable on sil-nylon is a weakness in my view given how prevalent the material is now in gear manufacture.

The wool wash does look like something i might like to try though

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
My thoughts too Paul. However, there's always duct-tape for our silnylon stuff! (and which works on the other stuff too, come to think of it) Or just use a little blob of silicone on a small hole?

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well i suppose thats true but duct tape isnt a great performer around moisture and looks fugly too. I understand rhino tape is great with water. I tend to use spinnaker tape as its available in most colours, is super light, super strong, water proof and has a matching ripstop pattern

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Well i suppose thats true but duct tape isnt a great performer around moisture and looks fugly too. I understand rhino tape is great with water. I tend to use spinnaker tape as its available in most colours, is super light, super strong, water proof and has a matching ripstop pattern

I'dimagine Spinn tape is good for silnylon, Spinnakers are often made from silicone impregnated nylon. Others are made with PU coatings and other stuff.

It would be good to find out because silicone is generally very difficult to get anything to stick to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE