Article: Nite Ize Figure 9 Rope Tighteners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted dude 7861

I bought 6 of these ages ago while I was in the US as I'm rubbish with knots, they are superb!

Jul 2, 2011
Oxfordshire
I am currently out in Afghan, the fig 9 are available in the BX (US shop) small $3 and large $6 so they appear everywhere, vehicles, bashas, even washing lines, they are very rugged and seem just to keep on going, well worth it, Thanks

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
I'm sure they're very effective but there are loads of knots that can replace it - unless I'm missing something? The knots are probably easier to tie that that thing is to set up!
Googling "guy line knots" comes back with loads of ideas.

Each to their own of course, it just seems like over engineering to me - for tent/tarp lines that is.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I much prefer to use knots wherever possible but have bought one of the smaller ones.

It is for my tarp line. I have gone for a very small diameter line (about 2mm). Tying knots are doable but a bit of a faff in the cold so have opted for a figure 9.

It works a treat.

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE