Article: Foraging for the beginner, Pt 2…

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 6, 2010
uk
www.coastalsurvival.com
Please remember, that foraging is not simply Botany, or plant identification, it is the act of procuring food, and thus so, simply being able to identify plants etc. its self is not foraging, I have plenty of botanist coming on foraging courses, so what are they there to learn? Knowing when to collect a plant or gather the food, which part of the plant and how to prepare it to be eaten and for the body to gain maximum efficiency from the individual food group or plant etc.

Early man first lived on the coast and successfully evolved and grew in population, due to the vast amount of food through out the changing seasons, then took the coastal plants and veg etc. back in land as we cleared a path or burnt the forests down. All in my new book, out soon, that I hope may make it onto your reading list one day? ;) Keep up the good work, and help spread the word on just how rich and diverse the wild world can be. See you at the Moot I hope big boy! :)

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
For some strange reason, I feel the Botanists may have the upper hand. A debate for a campfire and a tot of Port at the Moot (just booking tickets now) and looking forwards to catching up ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE