Article: Ecozoom Versa Part 2 - in use and fired up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thanks for that Tony , nice to see Children cooking outdoors.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Cracking review with charming pictures.

As you say a good piece of kit to keep in the vehicle. I do however wish they would offer it in British Racing Green.

K

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
nice review!... I'll try to sneak one of these onto the wish/need list... esp the double burner set up..

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I like the look of the double stove setup, it comes with a fair bit of flue as well. I was talking to Stewart the UK seller and they're out of stock at the moment but it should eb back in stock in a few months, the FM discount will apply to that as well...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was thinking that if it had a reflector above it angled over the hole where the heat's coming out it would be better for heating an area as well, no idea if it's feasible, there's no real radiant heat from the stove because it's so well insulated so it's purely for cooking, which I suppose is why it's so good for purpose.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I see that the stove is set up and operating on a wooden table top.
Can you estimate the temperature of the outside bottom of the stove when the meal was prepared?

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I wonder if the double burner chimney had a bed it'd radiate a bit more heat in the are ait passes though..

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I see that the stove is set up and operating on a wooden table top.
Can you estimate the temperature of the outside bottom of the stove when the meal was prepared?

Umm, no idea, sorry, but I think nothing really, i touched the sides and there was no real heat there and the bottom being below the heat source would likely be even cooler. Next time I have it fired up i'll take note.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I wonder if the double burner chimney had a bed it'd radiate a bit more heat in the are ait passes though..

I think that the surface plate has a lot more surface area and heats up so there would be a lot more radiant heat form that, I would imagine that if the flue is single skin there would be heat from that as well. I doubt though that it would compare to a dedicated heating stove or something like the frontier stove which are designed to heat space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE