Article: 3M Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Is this the same stuff that the British Army use? It comes in an OG tube similar to the one above. I've been given a couple of these and the stuff is brilliant, it keeps the midges and mosquitos well away. It is strong stuff though, and like it says on the tube, avoid plastics - my hand stuck to a bic pen after applying it, and the handlebars of a quad bike I was using went 'tacky'.

Ashmarsh860

Mar 30, 2013
North Dorset
Bowlander, you are correct, I am a Survival Equipment Fitter in the RAF and we are now issuing this as it comes straight off the shelf! And your even more right with your 'avoid plastics' advice, we had some split in one of our Survival packs and it made a proper old mess of the plastic containers it was next too. It can also be just too strong for those with sensitive skin who may feel the sting or burning sensation is too much and would rather run the gauntlet of getting bitten! I however, have used it all over the world and it gets my vote!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I've used a lot of repellents for the Scottish midge and so far this stuff seems the best available. Much nicer to use than some formulations of DEET.

In the worst 'midge hell' conditions Ultrathon, a head net and a smudge fire just about makes things tolerable!

I've used this in the deep south here in Georgia, US. It's my first choice. It takes very little to get the job done and it lasts quite a while. I honestly just dab a bit on the back of my neck, and rub a VERY small amount on my arms and and even lighter coating at my chin and forehead. I've found it to be very effective in the bug-ridden areas I often haunt.

Apr 3, 2016
melrose
They have stopped selling this now in Europe due to the new regulations on DEET so it won't be around once the current stocks are sold

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE