Army Right angle torch upgrade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Can you upgrade the bulb on a army issue rightangle torch with an LED bulb.

Just spotted these on line but dont know if they will fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TERRALUX-FLAS...ewItemQQptZUS_Flashlights?hash=item518ff37bbe

They do them in screw and drop in version.

The blurb says it will fit any 2-6 cell torch or maglite. Would an army issue right angle torch take a maglight bulb? if it would then I presume it will fit these but I don't have mine to hand at the moment so can't check.

Any members know the answer?

Also is the bulb in the right angle torch and the mini version (2aa) the same?

thanks in advance for any help.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
It depends what size your torch is. I used to have a single bulb type, but it was crap, and as I used a red filter most of the time, that made it worse. I eventually bought a new one from the local stores that has LEDs instead of the usual argon bulb. If you have the smaller variant, then no, but if you have the larger one, you might get lucky. The model I had would have cos me 40 quid to upgrade, so it was more viable to buy a new one.

Hope this helps,

Ph34r

technophobe

Oct 4, 2012
UK
You can fit a led conversion from the torch sight but it gets hot in use and you may want to devise some sort of heat sink (not done this yet )-the improvement in light output is immense and I have run it for two hours without problems but the heat may have an effect on the led life apan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE