army ration packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Does anyone know who supplies the army with the boil in the bag part of the latest compo ration packs. I had one at the recent Northern meet and the food isn't half bad and with a bowl of rice certainly makes a good meal.

Failing that does anyone know how to get hold of the stuff........hmmmn food ;)

Pedro

Tex

Nov 3, 2004
Pymble, Sydney, Australia
peds8045 said:
Does anyone know who supplies the army with the boil in the bag part of the latest compo ration packs. I had one at the recent Northern meet and the food isn't half bad and with a bowl of rice certainly makes a good meal.

Failing that does anyone know how to get hold of the stuff........hmmmn food ;)

Pedro
Take a look at this web site the 24hr rats are quite resonable.http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/index.html. Considering what you get i dont think you can beat them. I think the civey version are about 4Pounds each, bf, din and pud 12 pound and no hot choclate :rolleyes:

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Batfink said:
There's an interesting (no, seriously, it is interesting!) pamphlet from the MOD's Defence Logistics Organisation about ORP's here - http://www.mod.uk/linked_files/dlo/defence_equipment/EPAF_%20Brochure.pdf

Interesting.

Contains something even scarier than Biscuits Brown though - the submarine survival rations on page 26. I'd always thought being trapped on the sea bed in a defunct sub was about the scariest thing I could think of - but it's not half as frightening as the stuff you'd have to eat! Looks like Satan's nougat :eek: Hell there's even instructions: "small bites should be taken and allowed to dissolve in the mouth". What would happen if you swallowed an undissolved bit... :eek: :lmao:

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
Grasshopper said:
Biscuits Brown - are they the same as Biscuits AB? (all binding / anal blockage :eek: ) ;)
Also known Ar$eBursters! The actual definition is even more interesting, "Alternative Bread". I'd love to know what idiot came up with that one! Biscuit Browns are nothing like bread!!!

As for the submarine rations, I dread to think! And what happens if you dropped them in the sea? It could be an interesting way to catch fish!!! Maybe that's the secondary use - "if you do not like it, you can always use it to kill fish" :lmao:

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
Well what can i say ok this "each to his own taste" i happen to like the brown biscuits( my a-se aint bust yet) :) with the pate (usualy chicken), also who in thier right mind would listen to AA GILL, hes the bloke that said fishing was a waste of time and boring, (he aint been fishing with me) and how much did he get paid to put that article in at that TIME, and after the Ray article havn't we learned not to take any notice.......i Haven't met up with the tined cheese, it sounds like a beast to avoid,
Peds 8045 i have heard of snake and pigmy,,and i got some part packs from a shop called DENVER, LOWMOOR RD, KIRKBY IN ASHFIELD.. 4 packs for a pound, they had last weekend ( bacon and beans , fruit dumplings and custard, and rice pudding) i know its not a lot but its a start, and they can get more variety, if there is a outlet,, Yours Den ;)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
us mre rations are one meal. the british rat pack is for 24hrs and contains three meals.
the uk ones are supplied in the box but generally get broken down and dispersed through your kit.
and the new brit rations are allegedly starting to get self heating packs too.
they are only compareable if you compare 2 mre to every one 24hr rat pack.

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
Graham_S said:
new brit rations are allegedly starting to get self heating packs too.

Not seen these yet, and not herd anything about them yet. Still getting issued good old Hexi TV

Cronos

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
cronos said:
Not seen these yet, and not herd anything about them yet. Still getting issued good old Hexi TV

Cronos

They could be getting the Canadian heaters - I bought a couple in last years January sales (in the Swansea branch of Blacks).

http://www.mreinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66

Interestingly, they had been re-packaged and sold under the Wayfarer brand name - the same people that make some of the British ration meals.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Rod said:
Forgive the late intrusion.

Biscuits Brown - are they the same as Biscuits AB? (all binding / anal blockage :eek: ) ;)
Biscuits Ab were white, not seen them since the eighties, biscuits brown are BGMB, and the garibaldi ones are biscuits, fruit AB!
Don't know what the initials stand for but it is sad enough remembering what I do! :22:

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
A nice little picture to get the heart pumping and to bring back all those memories.
10 man Rat Pack, Bacon Grill.
Still in date and eaten for breakfast today, yum....... :p

bacongrill.jpg

Cronos

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Goose said:
Biscuits Ab were white, not seen them since the eighties, biscuits brown are BGMB, and the garibaldi ones are biscuits, fruit AB!
Don't know what the initials stand for but it is sad enough remembering what I do! :22:

As I understand it the 'AB' stands for 'Alternative to Bread'

Cheers,
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE