Army No7 stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have just acquired a British army no7 stove case and I am wondering what stoves there are out there to fit it.
I know the optimus 80 fits it but are there any others that will fit in there as well.

I know that Valor made paraffin stoves for the british army in the 1950's and 1960's one one of these fit.

Its much smaller than I thought it would be which has taken me by surprise.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I have just acquired a British army no7 stove case and I am wondering what stoves there are out there to fit it.
I know the optimus 80 fits it but are there any others that will fit in there as well.

I know that Valor made paraffin stoves for the british army in the 1950's and 1960's one one of these fit.

Its much smaller than I thought it would be which has taken me by surprise.

The army number 7 was a combination of the fuel tank from an Optimus 80 and the valve stem and burner of an Optimus 123r..

This makes it a Fairly unique height. Optimus 80's Primus 71's will fit into the case but I think you end up with the burner bell on stove protruding above the pot trivet on the case... Another option is a radius 42 but that will cost a good bit of cash

The kerosene stoves valor etc made for the army in the 50's were classic 2 pint 3 leggers.

You could keep an eye on eBay for a Optimus 80 and 123 and make up a No 7 copy...

HTH

john

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Here's something similar ...

s71in7case.jpg

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
just had a look at that one ian and it says its had a solder repair.that puts me off a little.

i like that one in your pic ian, is that one you've made up from dif parts or is it a specific model of stove?

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The stove I pictured is the same model (but an earlier version) as the stove in the ebay link. They are both small Primus No.71 stoves. Primus made the model 71s in two tank sizes; the smaller one fits in the No.7 case like it was meant to. The larger tank version is a little too tall - the top of the burner is level with the top of the pot supports.

1237171-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE