Arktis Swat Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Hi Guys,

Recently sold my Buffalo shirt and am regretting it, but I'm thinking of replacing it with one of these...the Arktis Swat Shirt.

Anyone have any experience of them? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not sure what Arktis refund policy is?

Scomans comment is just an opinion at this stage -I don't think he possesses one?

Maybe give them the ring.

The Mammoth is as close to Buffalo as you'd imagine.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I’ve had the arktis one but swopped it for the Snugpak pile shirt which was good but to be honest I would recommend you save up and buy another buffalo.

It’s my favourite, but that’s a good point we all have favourites. I personally like the buffalo pertex quality over other makes

Last edited:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
I’ve had the arktis one but stopped it for the Snugpak pile shirt which was good but to be honest I would recommend you save up and buy another buffalo.

It’s my favourite, but that’s a good point we all have favourites. I personally like the buffalo pertex quality over other makes
Yeah that's what I was thinking Mike...stick to what I know is good quality and buy another Buffalo or try something else and risk a drop in quality.

Pity there aren't any Arktis stockists around for a bit of hands on. I have never owned any Arktis kit either, it was always too expensive when I was in the mob!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yeah that's what I was thinking Mike...stick to what I know is good quality and buy another Buffalo or try something else and risk a drop in quality.

Pity there aren't any Arktis stockists around for a bit of hands on. I have never owned any Arktis kit either, it was always too expensive when I was in the mob!

If you can find a size that fits you - no offence to you, I've no idea what chest size you are , but found them dreadfully small scale for me - I'd venture an opinion that the Montane extreme smock is better value for money than the Buffalo.

But if you're in the Chunky monkey club like me - you can pretty much forget that route. Soz!

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
If you can find a size that fits you - no offence to you, I've no idea what chest size you are , but found them dreadfully small scale for me - I'd venture an opinion that the Montane extreme smock is better value for money than the Buffalo.

But if you're in the Chunky monkey club like me - you can pretty much forget that route. Soz!
No worries at all, no offence taken!

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm generally an XL in tops, 44/46" chest. The Buffalo I sold was a 46, and as you say, was a bit tight, especially around the midriff. I'm pretty sure that was the biggest size I could source at the time of purchase too.

I hadn't considered the Montane Extreme, if the build quality and materials are as good as the Buffalo, I'll certainly have a look at that too.

Cheers for the heads up Tee Dee

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
No worries at all, no offence taken!

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm generally an XL in tops, 44/46" chest. The Buffalo I sold was a 46, and as you say, was a bit tight, especially around the midriff. I'm pretty sure that was the biggest size I could source at the time of purchase too.

I hadn't considered the Montane Extreme, if the build quality and materials are as good as the Buffalo, I'll certainly have a look at that too.

Cheers for the heads up Tee Dee

Shop around , sometimes they throw the Hood in for free.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Never owned a montane extreme smock but tried one on in a shop. Much more bulky for carrying and probably too hot for me, I even find the buffalo similar. 90% of the time I wear it with the zips undone even in the winter. The montane would be a good stand still smock if you had the room to pack it.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Never owned a montane extreme smock but tried one on in a shop. Much more bulky for carrying and probably too hot for me, I even find the buffalo similar. 90% of the time I wear it with the zips undone even in the winter. The montane would be a good stand still smock if you had the room to pack it.

Agree on that - as mentioned elsewhere I think the overall cut is 'tighter' on the Montane - the buffalo seems to have quite a margin of leeway for slipping on and off over semi bulky kit.
I'm guessing due to its quasi Military origins.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Got a Montane as well as a Buffalo, it is quite a bit beefier on the insulation side of things and very nicely made. Still love my Buffalo, though. Used to have a Snugpak pile shirt, again a very nice piece but sizing is on the flipping big side.
A word of warning with Arktis - a chum and I have bought a few items new from them over the last year and the sizing is somewhat random, regardless of what the label says! So do try before you buy ;)

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Wish I had the money to just buy one of each garment online, try them all on, then keep the one that suited me best and send the others back, but unfortunately I don't.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Wish I had the money to just buy one of each garment online, try them all on, then keep the one that suited me best and send the others back, but unfortunately I don't.

Surely thats what credit cards are for?

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE