Argos - Pro Action (orange tiger paws)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Breeze

Dec 7, 2009
london
I've been checking Argos's site for the last several months for this tent. It came back in stock, home delivery only, over a week ago. It's not available in store and they charge just under £6 for delivery. A few days ago I asked an Argos staff if when a stock reappears for home delivery (web sale) only, does it mean that it is about to ship to stores or am I wrong to assume so? She said it is not so and it probably won't ship to stores. Then a more senior staff member said actually what you described is quite the norm. She said the new catalog comes into effect on 23rd January and by then or end of January there is a good chance that new items available on-line only at the moment will be in stores by the end of month but obviously there is no guarantee. The old green color might be back too. Ask staff to go back and check for green if you get an orange. Doesn't hurt.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
One of my mates and myself took our tigerpaws tents up to Loch Etive for they're first outing last month for a long weekend fishing. It was torrential rain all weekend, and there was some pretty nasty wind too and the wee tents did a sterling job. Not one single leak and were solid as a rock in the wind. Plus they're light as a feather to carry. I'm 6'1" and not the lightest of blokes and I fitted inside along with a fully packed bergen with side pouches no problem. All in all, crackin tents for the money, puts some of my more expesive ones to shame, get one!

Cheers, Davie

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2009
Mitcham, Surrey
Thanks for the heads up mate! My local argos had two left in stock, so have reserved them for collection tomorrow (one for me and one for the Mrs).

Reckon they'll do nicely to strap onto the bottom of our daysacks for an overnighter on a 2 day hike if we don't fancy using the tarp (or we're not heading woods-wards) despite the nuclear orange. And if nothing else, we could always use the inners as bug tents under tarps in the summer like Verloc did :)

Last edited:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Weight is about 2kg. The Hilleberg Akto is slightly lighter at 1.5kg, but 20 times more expensive....

The other good thing about the Argos is the extremely small pack size. It comes with a perfectly satisfactory compression sack.

Omegarod

Forager
Dec 3, 2009
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Weight is about 2kg. The Hilleberg Akto is slightly lighter at 1.5kg, but 20 times more expensive.

I must admit to having lusted after the Hilleberg. But when this thread started I coudn't resist ordering one of the Argos tents. At that price its almost "disposable". I reality, I wonder what the Hilleberg will do that the Argos won't?

Rod

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE