Argos - Pro Action (orange tiger paws)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great little tents especialy for the money. Pack down very small, small enough to fit in the side pocket of my bergan with space.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Undeniably good tents. Alloy poles and sufficiently waterproof for the mountains. The zips were the Achilles heel on the old models; not sure if the new ones still have this problem.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I'd rather feed my own eyes to ravens than have an orange tent!

...even a tentipi?

Tentipi.jpg

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yup, a great little tent for the money.
But that orange is a bit too nuclear. I'm OK with the more 'terracotta' orange of the tentipi, but the Pro-Action is just a bit too 'lively'.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Orange is coming back into fashion, I've noticed a lot more orange tents this year.

I still use one of my orange Force Tens from time to time, its a nice warm colour.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I agree; a bargain :D

I've been wondering about this though.
The orange is too, too seventies rucksac sort of colour, been there, done that, never again. Besides it gets absolutely filthy and looks trashed.

Do permanent markers work properly on tent fabric ? Do they do so without destroying the waterproofing ? Does the ink stay on the fabric and not transfer to anything else ?

Because, well, orange is the basis for Autumn camoflage, and orange and black makes dark brown, and orange and green makes a lighter muddy colour and orange and red makes a dark plum while orange and blue makes green.
And those are the four standard permanent marker colours :D

It's so, so tempting :D

cheers,
Toddy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
you could always throw a cheap tarp over it to camo it :-D

I agree.

I have a green one and the zip is now slightly dodgy, so I bought the orange one a while ago as a replacement for when it's properly broken. Not had to get it out of the plastic yet. They're absolutely superb for the money.

The poles and pegs are worth £16 imo.

groundhog

May 25, 2005
Manchester
I've had my green one for about 4 years or more and I've never took another one since (unless I need the room static camping) I replaced the zip with the heavy duty off the roll zip you can get from Pennine Outdoors and the like. Unless U.V. gets it I plan on using it for years more yet. Sort out the zip and it'll go for years. Buy two and never get round to unpacking the other one like I did I just fondle the spare from time totime and think if they'll still be going when I conk out. Can't recommend it enough for a small backpacking/wild camping tent.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I agree; a bargain :D

I've been wondering about this though.
The orange is too, too seventies rucksac sort of colour, been there, done that, never again. Besides it gets absolutely filthy and looks trashed.

I hear you Mary, but I think the 2 main points in it's favour are that the colour is not visible to animals, so it might as well be green as far as they are concerned and the big plus ...it's only £16 quid. I've known SWMBO spend more than that on a lipstick.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I hear you Mary, but I think the 2 main points in it's favour are that the colour is not visible to animals, so it might as well be green as far as they are concerned and the big plus ...it's only £16 quid. I've known SWMBO spend more than that on a lipstick.

Not an orange lipstick, surely! :eek:

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
ive got one that i piked up when they were on sale at £25 from £40 (i think) and its stood up brilliantly in some serious downpours. I agree with the above that the poles and pegs are worth the outlay but I also found myself using the inner under a tarp as a bug tent in a particularly crawly wood we were in. All in all - cheap and can be used in different number of ways. Grab one.

Tom

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
must admit it does look good whats the hydrostatic head on it? i forked out nearly £80 for solo tent the vango banshee but it is an absolute cracker. At the price of the argos one if it only lasts one year its a bargain

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
While I'm not too keen on the colour, I couldn't resist the price. Unfortunately, Argos are now saying no stock.

Looks like I've saved some money...

Claudiasboris

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
must admit it does look good whats the hydrostatic head on it? i forked out nearly £80 for solo tent the vango banshee but it is an absolute cracker. At the price of the argos one if it only lasts one year its a bargain

From memory it's 2000 for the fly and 5000 for the groundsheet.

Mine has been totally waterproof, even in highland rain.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE