Argos axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Love to see a "top down" view of the eye - I woudl like to know if the helve is wedged or held in with epoxy if that's possible Bill

Red

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Love to see a "top down" view of the eye - I woudl like to know if the helve is wedged or held in with epoxy if that's possible Bill

Red

Will do Red, If you enlarge the argos image it looks to have some glue or something where the handle meets the head.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
My dad picked up something similar for me from lidl, about 3 years ago. It is wedged, but is not straight, being as much as 5mm off centre, making accurate chopping impossible.

I have used it despite this a fair bit, but only for going through tree roots and the like, when i don't want to damage anything decent, but then it was only £1.99 !.

I also got one of the workzone fibreglass handled ones from aldi, and that is the best kindling splitter i have ever had.

Dynamite_1303

Feb 25, 2009
North Yorkshire
Hi all - very new to the forum, so still getting used to this ...

Tool-wise I've picked up most of my gear to date from car-boots over the years. My smallest axe was about 50p, and although in need of a new haft now is top notch. Probably old sheffield steel with a central wedge of crucible steel, which to this day beats any type of modern steel out there for sharpness.

Downsides of rusting (needs looking after like any quality tool) and needing a grinder to give it a real edge, but from there repeated attention with smaller hand sharpeners will keep the edge for some time.

Ahote

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE