Are you a Swiss Army Knife owner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you own (or have you owned) a SAK?

• Total voters
If you wonder which SAK is for you. Talk to the "experts" at http://www.sosakonline.com ;)
index.php

A

appletree_man

Appletree_man - ISTR that the pen, being wider and thicker than a toothpick, has a slightly different plastic bit at the top (grey?) which is a different size and as such won't fit in the slot.
Chris

Ah.
Ok many thanks.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I have a Swiss Army knife very similar to the Picnicker (except mine has the addition of a saw). It's really useful and I've used everything on it, I especially like the addition of tweezers and toothpick which are really handy. I take it to work with me even though this is probably illegal as its a lock kinfe, but I really do need it for my job. The only thing I don't like about it is the reamer as it's really difficult to get out.

Victorinox-Swiss-Army_BEBBA3E7.jpg

http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Product.htm?category=outdoor&product=53652&

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I've had a SAK farmer for nearly a year and it is the best EDC i've had. More solid than the standard ones plus the blade is thicker and a wee bit longer :D

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I own two swiss army knives, one genuine, one not. I purchased neither; they were both gifts and unfortunately I must say I never carry either and they don't get used. I tried carrying the genuine one in my pack for a few trips but it still got forgotten about and not used. :eek:

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Repost from the Chrimbo wishlist thread but as it's my SAK owning cherry pop day, what the hell...

I've just bought myself this...

camper.jpg

...to go in this...

100_4796.jpg

100_4798.jpg

:D

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
I've had my trusty SAK (camper I think) since for ever (well, 1986), got it when I joined up. Been a trusty bit of kit eversince, been all round the world with me. Sadly the scissors broke the other week and I was quite concerned that I'd have to retire it (I'm a sentimental old sod:D ), but thanks to this thread I've realised I may be able to get it repaired!!!:You_Rock_

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Hi, nice thread :)

Mine is the Huntsman 1.3713.

I own it for about 15 years now and only once had to change the scales.

On the saw my name is engraved :eek: :rolleyes: (I had that done when I was about 16)

I ALWAYS have it with me, except when flying :cussing: Stupid regulations.

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE