Are these ebay silk liners from Vietnam any good??

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Hi all, I think I just found a bargain on ebay with silk sleeping bag liners at £19 delivered from Vietnam.

100% PURE SILK
SIZE: 210 cm x 80 cm (84’’ x 32.8’’)
WEIGHT: 110~120 gram – 4.2 oz (super lightweight)

From careful analysis of their feedback there's no negatives or neutral regarding their pure silk sleeping bag liners so I reckon they must be genuine, and at their advertised weight I reckon they must be 100% silk for sure.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Just as a quick look on amazon there's one for 16 quid one for 12 with 3 p&p. I got one from Millets quite awhile ago and I remember it being less than £19.

Not sure about them being pure silk or a mix but shop around there's always something cheaper.....

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Just as a quick look on amazon there's one for 16 quid one for 12 with 3 p&p. I got one from Millets quite awhile ago and I remember it being less than £19.

Not sure about them being pure silk or a mix but shop around there's always something cheaper.....

I just searched Amazon for silk sleeping bag liners and the cheapest one is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Blue-M...W0JS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341927567&sr=8-2
But if you look on one of the reviews the buyer says it's only 35% silk! If you could link me to a 100% silk liner cheaper or as cheap as the Vietnamese ebay one I'd be interested.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I was really pleased with some I bought about 18 months ago as Christmas presets for friends, and they were delighted. What we got was silk, so I'd hope there's no change since then.

No connection other than as a purchaser, but at (current price) £2.93 + £4.89 postage, and with 3 for 2 it's possibly worth a punt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Si...oods_SleepingBags_SM&var=&hash=item43a5d0c58c

Ok I'm confused now, what is the difference between that one and the one I linked to? Both seem to be silk liners, from the same seller, but at very different prices!?!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Read down the page on the cheaper ones:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=&quot]"Although the label specifies 100% silk, it is a silk fabric using high quality synthetic fibers so it has silk satiny for softness as well as synthetic fibers for durability.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 0 % POLYESTER = Much more comfortable sleep than FAUX SILK SATIN FABRICS (weight doesn't tell all, we are manufacturers and apply export standards and use the highest quality material).[/FONT][/FONT]"

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Mine arrived yesterday.

Haven't used it properly yet of course but it is roomy, seems well made with double stitched hems, has a good little storage bag equally well made and as far as I can tell, though I'm no expert, is indeed made of silk.

The material is very thin as you would expect weighing in at just 107g with the bag.

I can see the fabric will need careful handling but this is just what I was looking for so thanks for the heads up.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Mine arrived yesterday.

Haven't used it properly yet of course but it is roomy, seems well made with double stitched hems, has a good little storage bag equally well made and as far as I can tell, though I'm no expert, is indeed made of silk.

The material is very thin as you would expect weighing in at just 107g with the bag.

I can see the fabric will need careful handling but this is just what I was looking for so thanks for the heads up.

Excellent thanks, just ordered one myself.

DD hammocks do a similar thing for £12 and postage and packaging is free. No affiliations with seller, blah blah, just a happy customer.

Cheers the interceptor boy.

If you go to DD's website they say their liner is a blend of synthetic/silk and that the 100% silk label on the bag is incorrect - LOL!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE