Are the Lakes open from Wednesday or not?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I bet there's already plenty making the journey up though.

As the OP. I started this thread out of curiosity and partly to get a better understanding of the situation for all living near enough to a NP visit it. As a family we're planning activities in the lakes once lockdown is over and things have settled down. It was never part of our plans to drive up to the Lakes until places open fully. Why? Because we like to contribute to the economy in such areas when we visit and not just be a burden on them. You can't do that at this time, only be a burden. As that MRT post shows, you can be a complete burden very easily right now.

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
I was thinking about this a little more this morning. No toilets are open along with pubs and cafes being shut. Not what you want after a 2 hour journey to get there. I expect some people will use nature but that could leave carparks rather unpleasant if they're bursting on arrival.

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
We saw exactly that up here with the north coast 500. Highland council in their infinite wisdom closed many public toilets on the route. The visitors just started to use the back of the toilet blocks as a latrine. No burying of solids. Some of them were really bad!

• Sad
Reactions: Allison McKenzie

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It was on the news about visiting National Parks. There was a police car video showing a road in the peak District congested with parked cars. Then they interviewed a guy from Coniston MRT. I've seen coastguard warning people about going to the coasts because RNLI issues of they need rescuing. It seems there's going to be issues and perhaps they'll need to back pedal with this relaxation of the rules.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE