Arctic 2010 Exped attendees discussions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Those that sent their addresses to me, this thread reminded me and i stopped being a slacker and i've forwarded them on to Becky :eek:

So, those that emailed me with your address you don't have to send it again goodjob

Dexter

Forager
Jan 23, 2007
Birmingham, UK
www.th.ph.bham.ac.uk
It was I. The head torch in question was a Zebralight H50.

Zebralight H50 Specifications

CREE XR-E Q5 LED

Three power levels - 66 lumens - 13 lumens - 2.6 lumens

6.6cm (Length) x 1.8cm (Diameter)

Up to 3.5 days runtime from a single battery

Made of aircraft grade aluminum

Weighs only 58 grams including battery and headband

120 degree flood beam.

You can get it from here

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/zebralight_h50_q5_headlamp.html

There's also a slightly smaller H30 model.

I think they're the bee's knees.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
doesnt look like it, i lost my camera in Oslo airport on the way back :( nicked a load of your photos though :D some class ones; i'd forgotten the trampoline...

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hey Chris mate, i got mine through the post this morning, but i dont think it was the post man that delivered it, i really think it was Megan, with her wee snow shoes on, and i thought she would have dropped yours off first, you being the love of her life and all that LOL.....

Col.....

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Guys, Mine was delivered today too. I have a request and i'm not sure how it can be achieved but......can anyone provide info on the 'knot' we all learnt during the course. I've had too many sleeps since then and i can't quite figure it out. Thanks guys.:)

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
You jealous fella!
( got mine when I got home , spelt my surname wrong tho! C.A.T, 'aint hard!! )
Hey Nick, any news?
Coln,what up Cat?
C da C.

hey Chrissy Baby, they spelt my surname wrong too, i mean how hard is it to spell "S.T.U.D" LOL.....

Good point about the knot Pete, now that i think about it, i cant quite remember it either. Do you think we should book into the old folks home just now or let the memory fully go mate...

Col...

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Gear Guru,

I haven't missed a saturday morning yet at Costas (apart from when i was in Canada the weekend before last) I have now advanced away from plain old coffee onto a medium Mocha....complete with a 'cold' chocolate twist......bliss! I guess you are still on easter holidays ;)

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Gear Guru,

I haven't missed a saturday morning yet at Costas (apart from when i was in Canada the weekend before last) I have now advanced away from plain old coffee onto a medium Mocha....complete with a 'cold' chocolate twist......bliss! I guess you are still on easter holidays ;)

Good man - have you tracked down 'fish pudding' in the UK yet:eek::aargh4: yes still on Hols - trying to get ready for child 2 - painting etc..

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I would rather stick pins in my own eyes than contemplate searching in the UK for fish pudding:aargh4: I still cant believe that there were people on the course who actually asked for seconds.....what was all that about?

Thanks for the very useful link to 'the knot', i will practice it some more.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
I would rather stick pins in my own eyes than contemplate searching in the UK for fish pudding:aargh4: I still cant believe that there were people on the course who actually asked for seconds.....what was all that about?

Thanks for the very useful link to 'the knot', i will practice it some more.

It looks much nicer in the photo...
P2190125.JPG

The fish pudding is the anaemic white blob in the middle. I actually didn't mind it, but others seem to disagree!

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I liked it and, yes, I did go back for seconds.
Saying that, I found it tasted a bit like a seagull I once ate, so I can understand why folks were less than enthusiastic about it.
Having seen/heard about some of the things that I have eaten in the outdoors, Mrs Paddler reckons I have a warped sense of taste. I may have to concur ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE