Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Looks like my first club, the Priory Bowmen in StOsyth (Essex) :)

I think it's worth going along and trying it out. The beginners course can only be a good step and you'll find there pay be members with old gear they want to sell to new recuits ;)

Re classifications, the last one I got when i did target (that was a while ago now) was a little green badge with bowman written on it :D I shot recurve (full tack) at the time. I've never taken much notice of scores and classes, as has been observed, a good day is when you have had fun and come back with most of the arrows you went out with! :D Though I did once come back with more arrows than I started with - I lost a couple at a previous shoot at that club and they had found and saved them! :)

The only time I went to a field shoot in Scotland was when teh EFAA (well IFAA) World and European Champs (WEFAC) were near Stirling in 2003 (or 2002?). I Had been meaning to go to a national champ for years but never got around to it, then I go along to the bloody worlds instead! :eek: Blooming good fun but hard work with five consective days of shooting up and down the hillside! That time I was shooting Compound limited (compound with fixed 5 pin sight and finger release).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE