Arborwear Trousers - Original Tree Climbers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I know there are already fans of this trouser on here, but I finally got myself a pair and they are superb. I am sick of modern "outdoor" trousers with stretch fabric, tight crotch, and shallow "rise" (ooh missus) that start to cause problems in the crucial department after a few miles. Well these look good, have a deep rise, gussetted crotch, are super tough, come in canvas or nylon, have a leg that tapers and therefore works well with boots instead of flapping around all over the place, and don't break the bank compared to some. They also look "normal" and in fact quite smart as my family would say, compared to all my other "Ray Mears" trousers. Highly recommended from a happy customer.

http://www.arborwear.co.uk/Arborwear_Trousers/Original_Tree_Climbers_Trousers

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
I went initially for the canvas, but have ordered up a pair in nylon as well. I imagine the canvas ones will be pretty heavy and unpleasant in the wet - like any thick cotton/canvas trouser - but the nylon ones might be better. Will report back when I get them. The fit is generous-ish. About the same as 5.11 trousers, but with a much bigger crotch gusset so much more freedom of movement and less chafing. They feel stiff when you first put them on, but soon soften up. Size comes up spot on with average.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks for the reply. I picked a pair of stihl brushcutter trouser of the bay the other day, brand new, but they are heavy !

Rob

I got two pairs of the Tech Trousers four years ago while in the States (it was $2:£1 at the time so could not resist). They are still going strong despite my best efforts to kill them by walking trough brambles while shooting in the green pair and using the blue pair for doing confined space rescues. As they are nylon they shed water well and feel nice to wear from the start. Will buy more if these ever run out.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
My Tech trousers have just arrived and they look pretty good. Same excellent fit as the canvas originals with the welcome addition of thigh pockets which I always find very useful. They are a tough woven synthetic material and look like they will dry quickly.

I also decided to try a pair of the cotton Lightweight Originals as well. These are very comfortable, but I find that my pair, at least, has a slightly wider leg which doesn't suit me, unlike the Tech trousers and Originals, which have a slightly more tapered leg.

NB full members now get 10% with the code found in the full members' area.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE