GB Finished Aqua Quest TARPS Group buy - CANCELLED.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys (and gals).
I have just done a deal with AquaQuest to supply me with tarps for my hammocks (www.EasyHammock.co.uk) and to kick start this brand on this side of the pond I decided to do a group buy for you guys. AquaQuest is storming the US market at the moment with their tarps as they have a very good balance of price and quality. Here's a good video showing what they are about:
I have also talked about their products with Joe Robinet as he used their tarp on his last 10 day solo expedition:
"JOE ROBINET
9 Jun (13 days ago)
Honestly, I was blown away with the durability, and quality of the tarp I brought.
I would not hesitate to deal with them.
Hope this helps.
Joe".

Basically it's an upgrade to DD tarps, the main benefits are:

- Ripstop fabric. Stronger and tear resistant.
- Silicone impregnated with PU coating, which is embedded in the fibres and will not peel off with age.
- Properly engineered tie outs, which transfer force on to edges. Especially corner ones.
- Reinforced stitches with webbing so it can be tensioned properly.
- DWR finish preventing wetting out so you don't end up packing a soaking wet rug.

They do 3 weights:
- Guide
- Lightest option and best for backpacking. Slightly heavier 40D nylon compared to widely used silnylon which is 30D (RAB, Alpkit, MSR etc.).
- Safari - heavier but still lightweight and with more tieouts. Equivalent to DD tarps and the most versatile option.
- Defender - Same fabric as Guide series but with double the coating which makes the tarp feel rubberised. You can lie on it, you can wrap stuff in it, this tarp can take it. Also have a decent spark proofness.

And they all come in 3 or 4 sizes:
- 2m x 3m -
perfect for solo ground camp or a backup tarp. This will give you minimal coverage for hammocking.
- 3m x 3m - Most versatile size for ground dwelling and hammocking.
- 3m x 4m - Serious winter tarp that will give you complete side coverage for hammocking. Also decent group/event shelter.
- 4m x 6m - Perfect for permanent shelter or a big event cover.

Here's their website so you can read all the details, they have variety of kit but I want to focus on tarps (if you really want something I'm not listing in this buy please message me for price and availability):
https://www.aquaquestwaterproof.com/uk/tarps-tents/

Conditions of the buy and prices in following post, hope you find something for yourself.

Last edited:

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Conditions and rules:
- Read this: http://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/rules-for-group-buying-forum.9477/
- This group buy will last till the 6th July so I have enough time to sort everyone out before Bushmoot.
- Those prices will never again be this low, not only we are taking advantage of their sale but I’m charging only to cover the fees and postage.
- All prices include fees and P&P.
- Payments can be made to my business PayPal account at: paypal@easyhammock.co.uk (preffered) or to my bank account (details on request).
- If you are interested please put yourself on the list and copy over previous people so I have a list of stuff to order.
- In the PayPal transaction please add some kind of reference like “BigMonster – 2x3 defender tarp”. And make sure your PayPal address is up to date as that what I will use.
- If there are any problems with availability and/or timetables I will keep everyone up to date and of course issue a refund if such need arise.
- Any questions just ask but there are ton of info on this tarps on line.

PRICES:

GUIDE tarps (lightest):
2m x 3m Olive drab £50
3m x 3m Olive drab £65
3m x 4m Olive drab £75
4m x 6m Olive drab £120

SAFARI tarps (medium weight):
2m x 3m Olive/camo £50
3m x 3m Olive/camo £65
3m x 4m Olive/camo £75
4m x 6m Olive drab £130

DEFENDER tarps (heaviest):
2m x 3m Olive/camo £50
3m x 3m Olive/camo £65
3m x 4m Olive/camo £75

So if you are interested please add yourself to the list and copy over f. e.:
1. BigMonster – guide 3x3 tarp.
2. BigBird – defender 3x3 camo, safari 3x3 camo.

And follow this with PayPal payment (don't forget to add your username as reference).

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just been comparing your group buy pricing to the RRP and other sales out there and they're really good prices Matt, good job on putting this together, very tempted by a 4x6 guid tarp, that would be great at the Moot!!

Reactions: BigMonster

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Just been comparing your group buy pricing to the RRP and other sales out there and they're really good prices Matt, good job on putting this together, very tempted by a 4x6 guid tarp, that would be great at the Moot!!

Shelly will not be happy if you buy another tarp.

Although I’m pretty tempted myself. That’s a serious amount of coverage.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I can gift wrap it. Just saying....
Those tarps really are a breath of fresh air from what we have awailable.

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I do not need another tarp..... I do not need another tarp.... I do not need another tarp....

So tempting....

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Count me in please.

1. BigMonster – guide 3x3 tarp.
2. BigBird – defender 3x3 camo, safari 3x3 camo.
3.Kard133 - Defender 3x4 in olive

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Shelly will not be happy if you buy another tarp.

True, but the good ladies are generally happy enough not to get soaked or sunburnt. The fact I have 2 DD 3x3 in the cupboard, and a super light for my hammock, isn’t doing much to stop me looking and somehow justifying a purchase. :rolleyes:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
True, but the good ladies are generally happy enough not to get soaked or sunburnt. The fact I have 2 DD 3x3 in the cupboard, and a super light for my hammock, isn’t doing much to stop me looking and somehow justifying a purchase. :rolleyes:
LOL! I have ten tarps and I am still considering one more... You can never have enough tarps. Am thinking that at this year's moot, Tarptopia needs to expand as its been mostly the same for the last 4 years!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys. As the numbers are not as high as I expected I won't need as much time to sort everything out before the moot. So I can extend the deadline till next Friday so people hav emore time to make up their mind and get the funds.
So I'm closing this GB on 6th July.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Oh what the hell, can never have too many tarps!

1. Kard133 - Defender 3x4 in olive.
2. Tony - Guide 3m x 4m Olive/camo + Guide 4m x 6m Olive drab
3. R.Lewis - Safari 4m x 6m in olive.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I've been umming and arring all week but I've finally decided on a defender. Many Thanks for setting this up.

1. Kard133 - Defender 3x4 in olive.
2. Tony - Guide 3m x 4m Olive/camo + Guide 4m x 6m Olive drab
3. R.Lewis - Safari 4m x 6m in olive.
4. KenThis - Defender 3x4 in olive.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Theoreticaly yes, I have posted the order form yesterday to AQ. But if you really want something I can still amend before they ship.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE