Anywhere around london to camp???!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 16, 2006
London
hey guys i've been meandering around the site for ages now and haven't actually signed up! but now i have a reason to!

myself and some mates want to do some camping before university gets too time consuming! unfortunately we can't afford to go too far out of london in terms of time and money. i was wondering if you guys knew of any places with foresty that we can set up camp for a few days. bearing in mind that some of our party have never camped....seen grass...or trees........ever.... and so amenities would be nice!

thanks!!!

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Blacklamp said:
... i was wondering if you guys knew of any places with foresty that we can set up camp for a few days. bearing in mind that some of our party have never camped....seen grass...or trees........ever.... and so amenities would be nice!

thanks!!!
If you're members of the Youth Hostels Association you can camp at most hostels (not central London). In the sixties we used to use Holmbury St Mary (details at http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/hostelpages/89.html ) as an overnight stop on the way to the coast. Good hiking country round there but worth checking they still allow camping before you set off. If the outdoor life loses its attraction for any reason there is always the common room. And then there's the hot showers :D – pure luxury.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE