Anyone walked from corrour to fort william

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
Hi there i plan on getting out this weekend has anyone walked from corrour to fort william..as i was thinking of trying it with a one or 2 nights wild camping...any info would be excellent...cheers shogun

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not done it myself yet Al but it's on my shortlist for possible TGO crossings next year.

I read quite a few TGO blogs with folk passing through that way at one time or another, I'll see if I can find them again as they'll no doubt have a few wild camp ideas for you.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Shogun

Just checked sheet 41, it's about 32 km station to station so one night should be fine or two if it doesn't fit with the trains. Most of the route is tracked if you head north then west along the Abhainn Rath into Glen Nevis, it shouldn't be too boggy now & the views are great. Its worth taking in some of the Mamores or Grey Corries if you can. You can wild camp where you like but if the midges get too bad there are Meananach and Staonaig Bothies on the way through.

The route might be nicer Fort Bill to Corrour, that way you finish at Corrour which now has a Youth Hostel and food: http://www.syha.org.uk/news/news_ev...rticles/2010/march/corrour_station_house.aspx Have a good trip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE