Anyone used Grimloc or tac-link clips

monkeytennis

Jul 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi all, Just a odd question about above. Wanting to hold a pannier made of an ex army field pack to my bike rack and wondering if anyone has used either of the above before?

Seems to me that tac-link has the greater strength or am I issuing something? Cheers!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The Grimlocs are great bits of kit but are limited. They are designed to break away so a person can't be hung up on them. I don't know what the dynamic force limit is but I'm not too sure I'd trust them for that. Depends on the weight of the pack I guess.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Only if you are referring to the Transformers original Dynobots toys from the 80's

What about heavy duty cable ties for your purpose? Not the plastic ones the velcro buckle version like these in multiples they hold just about anything where you lock it on a bike

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I use a thin piece of material between the strap and the metal, this is to protect the frame finish but also it creates a squeeze zone when the strap can nip into cinching it against the frame nice and snug similar to how your handlebar grip allows your hand a better grip on the metal handlebar, i had a slip and sliding issue and at first tried to align them with the frame braze ons like the bottle screws n stuff so they couldn't slip down but the regular movement caused unwanted noises and wear to the frame finish, once i had the piece of material between the underside of the straps and the frame i was able to pull them far tighter before closing it and all unwanted noises and slipage stopped

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE