Anyone tried a Bobble?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I don't think it's a filter in the "makes it safe to drink" sense, more like a Britta water filter, to get rid of the chlorine taste of tap water.

I.e. bit of a waste of time unless it really bugs you.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I wondered what you were on about :rolleyes:....bobbles are what I use to tie my hair up. Wee elasticy pretty things.

We live and learn, we really do :)

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My hair's nearly waist length again, I've got a kind of turquoise coloured one in it right now :D

As a water filter version though; no I haven't.
Why ? are you itching to acquire more kit ? :D

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I don't drink much water, I can't be doing with the taste of nothing :) I have to have some kind of juice in there or I don't drink enough of it.

It can be a bit of a pain on long walks but I've started using the rehydration tablets with give it some flavour.

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I have 4!!!
They are brilliant for taking on holiday (in EU countries) where you can fill them fro any tap cutting the cost of buying bottled water.
To be fair they do specify the filter is to remove chlorine and other tastes and NOT a micro bacterial filter.

The bottles are thicker than standard 'dispsable' ones but do tend to 'crease' when you squeeze them, the water flow is slow as you are sucking it through the filter and you get a vacuum as the whole unit is sealed to a degree so drinking can be noisy and slow ish.

The original idea was developed in the US to try and cut down on the amount of plastics going to landfill as (i think) every person was throwing 2 500ml bottles away everyday. the filter is designed to last 300 fills and can be recycled (along with the bottle when it splits or becomes damaged)
The filter will not fit a normal bottle

I use mine everyday (i got a pack of 2 with a spare filter for £10 in a sale at millets) but my wife cant get on wit them as the flow of water is too slow and you can only get a mouthful before having to let the bottle 're inflate'

For a sports bottle they would be useless, for a day to day 'sipping' bottle give one a go

If needs be i can do a proper review if people want one?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE