Anyone recycled a Sapporo beer can?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I recently got given a few free cans of Sapporo beer left over from a conference at work.

Is it bad that I'm more excited by the cans than the beer itself? :D

sappora.jpg

The can is steel and also faceted - you can just about see it in that picture.

When empty, the can feels extremely strong and solid. You would think it was still sealed and full when squeezing it.

Any ideas on what it could be recycled into? Seems a shame to throw them away!! :rolleyes:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
We had caviar at a work meeting once down London Town. Poncy sh1t. Train down there about 4:30am, meeting all day till 6pm then train back to the northwest with nothing but cereal and two poncy pieces of toast with fish eggs on it!! If it wasn't for the beer on the train home (on company expenses) I think I'd have faded away. Why don't I ever have decent stuff through work. Wrong job obviously.

Anyway, nice cans. I'd always worry that I'd screw up cutting into them so I reckon I'd have them lying around the house for a few months first. Just while I'm contemplating the best use of it. Then when I decide I'd leave them there a bit longer while I make sure. Then I'll forget about them and move on to something else.

Not exactly good advice but they do sound and look interesting cans. Need some imagination as I can only think along the lines of the pot thing mentioned above. Have you tried to google use for Sapporro cans or something like that?? Might come up with a you tube or something. I'd think a pot would be an interesting shape in that it has a nice curve up the side to take the heat. Perhaps make a pot and a caldera clone for it. The narrower base and upwards curve could enable better heat transfer perhaps although steel.

I wonder if the base would make an interesting inner to a can stove with some different jetting somehow. The jetting could come lower down as the base is a little narrower than the top. Can't quite see how that would work. Although can combine the base of this with another suitable can perhaps.

Still think the pot for a caldera cone. Either try to get a ridge part way up or use a silicone charity band at the right location. The curve of the can is too low as a stop for the can based on the water you'd use in it that is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE